First (Work in progress)

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Barkundra, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Barkundra

Barkundra New Member

Finally got around to making a slingshot. All thats left is to sand and oil it. It feels great to hold and for my first work with wood after a little practice I don't think it's half bad but I have a question. The forks, although they feel strong, make me worry because of their low thickness, so does anyone know a way to solidify them? Thanks, sorry if the picture is bad I'm using my phone

Attached Files:

2. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Looks nice, you can try to Stabilize it with Ducktape but try to pull with a String before you shoot. I have never try it. The Ducktape looks not very beautifull but i think ok for the first shoots before you finished your next one ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eHqFVn7Xsw

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Great suggestion Schultz! You may want to try wrapping the fork arms with cordage (paracord) and down onto the handle. Should strengthen the whole thing substantially. Looks good so far!

4. Barkundra

Barkundra New Member

Schultz, tried the string idea and I guess the thin forks are really strong! I'll have a few pictures of the finished slingshot hopefully in 1-3 days, depending on how lazy I am. Thanks the both of you! :D