First laminated slingshot

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by OzzyWilliams, Dec 26, 2013.

1. OzzyWilliams

OzzyWilliams OzzyWilliams

So here is one of the 2 laminated slingshots I made for Christmas. They were both the same, a matched pair for my best friend and his father. I forget whos design it was but they are based off of the Dragon template, with some slight alteration for comfort in the hand.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Thats by Hrawk, Ive just finished one today too! Your looks very nicely made. :)

What wood are the laminates

3. OzzyWilliams

4 pieces of white oak veneer, and 4 of birch veneer.

4. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Nice! Sure they will love shoting them :)

5. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Good job on those and it's been said many times that the Dragon is an excellent starter/learner shooter along with being very comfortable and accurate! I love mine but don't shoot it much seeing I'm always messing with the newest creation. I had also seen where Hrawk had said that one that he had stained green was his all time favorite. That says a lot also, seeing he has designed lots of very good and popular templates.

6. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I typically HATE veneer, like with burning passion, however those are nice slingshots. Never knew that stuff had such potential

7. OzzyWilliams

I had my doubts about the veneers as well, but it seems that if you use a good 2 part epoxy, plenty of layers, lots of good clamps and some patience, the stuff does seem to work pretty well.