FIRST HOMEMADE ATTEMPT please help

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by UndeadRising, Oct 7, 2013.

1. UndeadRising

UndeadRising ROOKIE

I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos and looking for new information and ideas on theslingshotforum and I finally got the time to start my own. So I went to my barn and looked for some scrap pieces of wood. Then I glued them together and clamped them tightly. If you are wondering what kind of wood these are, they are pine, treated pine and plywood. I know they are really cheap pieces but its the only thing I could find.now the only thing I need now is a template idea, such as the hand howitzer or hand mortar. I'm looking for an attractive frame that has a pinch grip style and is able to attach a power band set. Thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope to see all of your replies down below

2. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

here is a panther design [​IMG]

3. Ryan Wigglesworth

Ryan Wigglesworth Senior Member

i was looking for a howitzer design myself, i find that google images has a few direct pictures of the slingshot, it would be useful to go there and bring one up, then re-size it to your liking and then trace it off the monitor, or print it.

or you can screw around for an hour or more ( dependent on your skills ) and make your own on graph paper, i just did this, it takes some time if you are new at it, like i am :p

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I just went to Google Images and entered "slingshot design pdf" and got at least 10 or so usable designs that you could pull up and print if you wanted. I saw a MoorHammer as well as some others. If you take a little time to browse through the "Blueprint PDF Downloads" section of the forum and you will find some designs posted there.

5. UndeadRising

UndeadRising ROOKIE

Thank you to who ever volunteered their time to comment. I will be posting the final product here in a week.

6. Otees

Otees Another Member

Good luck making the slingshot. I have only pinewood to use as well!! I have had one fork break with pinewood. Just look at the grain direction and ensure there is no force in that direction (Sorry if a bit confusing) Good luck though :)