Finishing help

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Haze, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Haze

Haze New Member

Hi All,

I about ten unfinished slingshots. I don't know anything about finishing the wood off. They all have a little bit of linseed oil, but I want to know about getting a high shine.

Can anyone help with a good explanation?

What products and how to do it is what I'm after.

Thanks in advance.

Haze

2. zwillie

zwillie New Member

I use spray laquer.
    If you don`t get the high gloss shine you want just grind and polish it.
    Zwillie

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I use brush on polyeurathane applied with a foam brush for 5 coats then buff by machine to even out the coats, then final polish with rubbing compound by hand;). Look at the global trade slingy for an example, and good luck!

4. Haze

Haze New Member

thanks guys. I will get some polyurethane coat. What sort of polishing compound do you use dolomite?

5. Moin moin,
    I like it of course Unspoilt and not through natural wood - or wood, something artificial,
    Therefore, OIL, worktop oil, or .... do not laugh, I'll Throw out into the fryer ...
    The hot oil let the water evaporate, and so may beautiful oil into the wood!
    Solid fat, it makes dark, liquid (in cold state) makes the color so
    -
    http://www.amazon.de/CLOU-Arbeitspl...d=1380643578&sr=8-8&keywords=arbeitsplattenöl

ich mag es natürlich belassener, und nicht über naturholz - oder Holz, etwas Künstliches,
    Deshalb, ÖL, Arbeitsplattenöl, oder .... lacht nicht, ich schmeisse sie in die Friteuse ...
    Das heiße Öl lasst das Wasser verdampfen, und so kann schön Öl hinein in das Holz!
    Festes Fett, macht sie Dunkler, Flüssiges (im kalten zustand) lässt die Farbe so

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

i use the white stuff in a tub that you can get at the hardware or auto parts store.

7. Haze

Haze New Member

Thats a good enough description for me.