Finally!!!

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by 4foruglenncoco, Jan 12, 2014.

1. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

This=more slingshots. I saved up my money and bought one( I work the lunch line at school at my dad lets me keep my lunch money because I get free food :D) ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1389579768.741571.jpg

2. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Good for you! Gotta love Harbor Freight! One bit of advice, when you are not using it, release the tension on the blade. I did not do that and the tensioner gave way. Now I have one waiting to be fixed.

3. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Thanks for the heads up, saved me a few bucks :)

4. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

Let the cutting begin!

5. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Lol nice

6. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I just don't eat lunch at school and keep the lunch money... probably healthier too, don't know schools on the west coast consider food but here in the east we call it school "food" and the mystery meat is truly a mystery

7. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Me too( school food is s***) I eat salads at my school though so it's not too bad

8. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I really like your frugality, it's a rare thing with the youth of America. I've read good things about that unit, seems to be the same as lower priced delta, skill, and craftsman. I'm all about safety and all so I can't say that when got decent with my saw that removed the guard as it gets in the way, you should leave it in place;). I'm quite happy for you, that's a tool I never had outside of woodshop class till I was past 30. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with it, both slingy and nonslingy related items. Can't tell if it uses pinless blades but if it does, I recommend Flying Dutchman brand blades. You can get them from Mike's workshop webpage. He will send a couple blades as a sample free of charge, super nice guy.
    Congrats
    Dolo

9. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I never heard that before, good lookin out! I'll start releasing the tension for good measure.

10. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Nice add to your workshop. I could have saved some $$ earlier in my life if a place like Harbor Freight would have been around then. For my part, I wouldn't buy Harbor Freight for professional work or trade work, but for a home craftsman, their stuff isn't bad at all. I've been looking at that same scroll saw myself, and may even add it some day down the road. Enjoy!

11. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

It's not half bad

12. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

So many tools to buy, so little time or money.

13. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

I feel you there Jeremy!.

Good score there 4foruglenncoco, I wish we had something like harbour freight in australia.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014