Finally (kind of) finished my portable catch box

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Jeremy, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I have finally finished my catch box. I may need to do some tweaking (not to be confused with twerking) here and there, but it seems to work pretty well. I think I need to add something to the bottom to keep ammo from rolling out following a hard hit.

Attached Files:

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Looks good! If you make a hole in the "something to the bottom" and place a bucket under it your ammo will roll right into it :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

3. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

If you were to fold the towel a little at the bottom you could make a pouch that should catch your ammo

4. Jeremy

Thank you for the suggestions, I'm trying not to modify the box if I can help it. I will try to fold the towel at the bottom, or build some kind of L shaped device I can place at the bottom of the box.

5. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Looking good, although I now have a rather disturbing image of twerking and a pink scout!

I don't know if you need the lid but if not you could cut the bottom 4 inches of so off then just clip it on the bottom.

6. Jeremy

Scoob, I'm sorry for planting that disturbing image into your mind. ;)

I may have to play around with how I set up the catch box, today I am using the lid in the back and a magazine or two to try to level out the box a little bit. Maybe if I put the box at more of an angle won't get so many steel shot bouncing out.

7. Jeremy

I have found out that it is probably not the best idea to shoot my BB shooter at soda cans in my catch box, at least not at a relatively close distance. While some of the BBS cut right through the can, others come bouncing back. I may have to try it again when I can increase the shooting distance.

8. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Nice little portable!

9. Jeremy

That was my main goal with this one. As soon as my wife and I decide if we are going to move soon or now, I plan on making another catch box out of wood or PVC for the backyard.