Finally got here

Discussion in 'Conventional slingshots' started by dolomite, Sep 28, 2013.

1. dolomite

dolomite Banned

My Dankung "Dancing Hunter" arrived the other day after what seemed like forever. I always liked the idea of a polished steel slingy but got tricked by a coyote into buying his junky product which I rate as an F+. So I started building my own, the shiny "Kungfu" slingies never left my mind. I gave in and ordered a mainland china model rather than an international model because I like the palm size. I plan on pimping it a bit. Also I'm very pleased with the power and accuracy. Had to reband it right away as they were for someone smaller.
    IMGP0192.jpg

IMGP0193.jpg

IMGP0194.jpg

IMGP0195.jpg

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I like this model. That curve in the handle looks like it would make it more comfortable to shoot. I'll be interested to see how you get it pimped out!

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Best part is the price. It comes direct from china and someow its less han half what the u.s. distributer wantd for a basic model. The curves make it very comfortable and intuitive.

4. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

The way that will slip into a pocket is sweet.
    The two second band change is very appealing too.:D

Let us know how you like thin tubes vs. flats too.

5. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Mike, the dankung tubing is sweet! once I figured out the proper lenght for a large sized american and put a good pouch on it, I absolutely love it. The quick change tubes are cool too, its 20 seconds max to shoot, change bands and shoot again. It's surprisingly powerfull, the tiny 17/45 tubing i got is like at least 5cmx4cm tapered tbg. 3/8 steel flys flat as a laser and I had to upgrade my catchbox due to a through and through that punched a hole in my damn sheetrock:(. The tubes sure don't smell like cocoa and taste like volcanic hell when you lick them for tying at the pouch.

Slingpit, no zinc here, genuine stainless Dankung with proper makers mark. Good looking out though buddy:). I saw that when I ordered, scary stuff, people loosing eyes and soforth. Horrible that a company would do that.

For everyone that doesn't know what we are talking about, genuine Dankung stainless slingies bought direct from dankung or the american/UK suppliers are the only truly safe chinese metal slingshots. you cant get them on ebay or amazon, these are all knock offs and Very dangerous. For the tiny size it weighs a ton, if its light its fake.

7. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Might try making one is brass easily bendable or should I heat it and bend it (steal or iron) or I am e the slingshot one atom thick and use grathine lol

J

8. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

take care with the fingers!!!

My personal dankung trauma.:D

9. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

10. dolomite

dolomite Banned

BV, I wore a heavy glove for the first day like the guy in the chinese army training video. I flip a bit as well.

E, notice I had to use one of the rayshot pouches you sent me, regular leather won't hold up to the tubes abuse for super long. I kept forgetting to send the length of tubing I have set aside for you but its coming sooner or later.

11. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

No worries bud, just enjoy the new slingshot. I think I may have one or two of those 'cheap' Chinese imports myself. I'll either need to stop using them or just use them for low power bands, maybe just 107 rubber bands. I wasn't really expecting great quality for $5 :)

12. dolomite

dolomite Banned

E, don't use the dankung tubing if you think its even a slight chance of being zinc. People have lost eyes and teeth, the people of china basically chased them off so they started sending their knock offs here. they should be ok for 107s, cant really say with confidence though. You'll see, the resistance it has is crazy for such tiny stuff. Don't know how people use 20/80 unless its softer rubber.

13. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Nice buy. I' d love to buy one of those but if i start to buy slingies i' ll never stop. Don' t have enough money to do so, that' s why i make them.
    Anyway, Dankung seems to be a great provider of cheap but good quality slingshots.

PS: The shiity chinese slingshots( try to say it 10 times) can be used as core for a laminated.

14. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I think that the "danger" of zinc alloy frames is exaggerated. Zinc alloy is plenty strong for a slingshot. Keep in mind there is just about 5 kg of a draw on most setups, and even strong shooters like Tobias (and myself) almost never exceed 18 kg. That is only 2,5 to 9 kg per arm.

The only problem is bad manufacturing - ie "air bubbles" in the material, from bad casting. That can happen with cast steel as well. I recommend the vise test - clamp it in (with an old towel as cushioning), attach rope instead of bands, put one foot against the bench and pull with both arms. If it holds, it is plenty safe.

15. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

What happen mostly with those slingsh!ts is that they break after a fork hit. Even with a vise test you can' t be sure. The "punch" given in a fork hit at a spesific point( so much kg for so much cm) is not the same as pulling it... I guess...

16. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

That's a great idea, tokSick, I never thought of that. I had planned on using them as templates for wood-cut slingshots since I'm not yet in a place where I plan to work with metal. If I get my hands on a decent piece of aluminum, maybe I'll use them as a template to make an aluminum blank/core - I do like their designs.

17. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Glad i could help my friend.
    Cheerz