Favorite frame?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Acorn_Man, May 24, 2016.

1. Acorn_Man

Acorn_Man Member

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I can't find a thread like this. So, what is your favorite frame? As far as comfort, accuracy, looks, whatever. Thought that this could be a fun thread. Thanks!

2. PimpW

PimpW New Member

This is a tricky question . I quess it depends on what i am doing. I know that for accuracy i like my rambone but when i train to shoot butterfly ( in wich i still suck lol ) i like my chalice. But i am curently making a moorhammer and i must say it fits in the hand pretty good. But most likely you wont have ONE favorite but a few, depending on what your doing and even how you feeling that day. I must say that my favorite oone it the one thats banded and is whitin reach lol

Cant wait to see th other answer as i am thinking about make a few more model to see wich one i prefer too ! Good topic.

3. PimpW

PimpW New Member

It posted twice ... weird.

4. Diaboloslinger

Diaboloslinger New Member

Immpossible question to answer, but I know that the CONUS ranks up there pretty high for me.

5. Unlike most of the forum, I only have 5 slingshots, in total!:eek: i don't have many to choose from, which makes it incredibly easy to pick the rambone. More specifically a rambone from the global trade a few years back. Great frame, second would be a simple even sided natural fork.

6. Oh Panther nothing to be ashamed off, silly me only has 2(two!!) so far and out of those i would also pick the Rambone as my favorite, the 2nd being the Scout :)

At least soon its gonna be three once i've done myself a DIY-PocketPredator out of UHWMPE, and if this one turns out well on the first try i am gonna call it a Year until i think about adding more to the collection.

The most important thing is the shooter not the slingshot to get proficient in a Sport and once you have basically all of the Three big ones (Scout/Rambone/Hitchcook PP) you see what is best for you and build upon it later on once you've figured out what you like best and then tune it further to your liking in further models.

At least that is what i think would be the cleverest way to go into a sport, you can't reinvent the wheel over and over again, you just can fine tune it over and over again, although searching for perfection as we all know is futile.

Just my 2 Cents.

7. TheDaddy187

TheDaddy187 Administrator

having only really dealt with home made frames i cant really help...

but i can say build a few... test... change what needs to be changed and come up with your very own custom...

something that fits your hand perfectly...

fork width... gap size... ott/ttf...

you can make something to fit far easier than finding something that fits...

8. Acorn_Man

Acorn_Man Member

Yeah, I have about a quarter of a nice cutting board left to make 2 or three more slingshots, so I was hoping to find some others to add. Just trying to test some things out. I will be sure and make a conus, though. I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks!

9. Malleus

Malleus Suspended User

PFS is my favourite (small is beautiful), or naturals with very short forks for shooting OTT.

Of the commercial slingshots, I like my Barnett Black Widow with wrist brace best.

10. Jeb

Jeb Baba Hunter

Tough call. Often depends on my mood. At the moment the Icebone is my favourite... but in the long run I always seem to find myself returning to my Bloodshot Hunter. Not sure why as I think there are plenty of more comfortable shooters out there. Guess since it was my first it'll always have a special place.