F1 Commando

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by flicks, Jun 3, 2013.

1. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Hello slingshot enthusiasts:)

I just want to show you the latest modification of my HG shooter. I've tried to add a tactical touch. It has been made of several 3 mm layers of plastic and has a magazine for 8 10mm stell balls. It is banded up with double TBB 20/15 mm tapered. That was my first attempt with a 2 component resin finish on this material. It works nice and makes the surface quite durable.
    Hope you like it and thanks for watching.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Very very nice! Wicked and stunning..!

3. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Top quality work, very nice!!

4. Maulwurfsurfer

Maulwurfsurfer Junior Member

Nice! how is it to work with plastics? much harder then wood?
    Looks very cool!

5. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Nice and sporty! :D

6. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Striking!

Another killer, Flicks. If this doesn't make a beating heart [​IMG] stutter, I cannot imagine what would. Beautifully commanding piece of artistic expression.

You have most definitely achieved the "tactical" feel that you were going for, I believe.

But more than this, I think that you've managed to capture an element of magniloquence underlining the villainy bad boy/girl that just begs to come out and play a little. A bit vampirac methinks. Just so you know, you need silver to poof a vamp. I don't think steel will get the job done this time. Maybe a little bug spray will help too.

It's classy. It's opulent. It's LATRODECTUS! And it 'looks' deadly. Gothic/Medieval guys n gals will be enamored with this! Good job. The F1 Commando rules!
    [​IMG]
    And for some reason your slingshots seem to inspire a desire to accessorize. Love it!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  7. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Awesome work buddy!

8. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Great work and again a really nice Look :D

9. Courier

Courier Senior Member

The combination of these colors and materials is quite beautiful.
    I think we all want to see more of that kind, maybe in some other colors. But one thing is for sure...they will look awesome. :)
    The fact that I'll never own such a cool slingshot makes me kind of saddish. :( :D

10. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Very cool work.

11. flicks

Thanks Ravensbull

Thank you onnod

Thanks, It is not harder but different. The material is quite soft -more or less like balsawood- It can't be polised. You have to finish with clear paint or resin.

Thank you FIAAO ;)

Thanks a lot for your nice comment. Thought that I've just made a slingshot, but I am a little bit scared now. I think I will lock the door to the bedroom this night :D
    -Desire to accessorize, huh. Thanks for the hint. I will never show her to my wife ;)

Thank you my friend

Thanks Schultz. Hope everything works out with your duck-apocalypse :D

Thank you courier. The material is availabe in red, black, white, blue, grey, green and yellow

Thanks mate

12. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Great looking baby!!! Great color combination, it reminds me the Batman toys i had in my childhood. Batmobile, Batcopter, Batbike,etc...
    Beautiful work.
    I think i' ve found a new way to say "it' s cool" ..... " it' s flicks"!!!

13. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Laughing... What about the Batarang, tokSick!

I like Batman and Gotham City too. I REALLY like his new Batpod. I want one of those!

If we keep this up, poor Flicks is never gonna come out from underneath that bed!
    [​IMG]

14. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

yeah cool !!! flicks by flicks !
    Cheers
    Arturo

15. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Love the shape of that fork, especially the beaver tail and contoured grip. How much extra leverage does the forward curve below the pinky add?

16. flicks

Thanks a lot TokSick! A BatSling - nice idea...

Haha Thistle, very funny![​IMG] I had a look at the shooter this morning and I found it on the same place where I left him yesterday, so I think (hope) everything is ok [​IMG]
    BTW: Did I ever told you how much I appreciate your nice, inspiring and fanciful posts on this forum. Please stay as you are and go on like that.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Thank you my friend!

Thanks Studer, it does not provide much extra leverage. The curve is more or less a relict of the very first design of this shooter and now used for attaching a lanyard.

17. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Looks awesome regardless.

18. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Nice colorcombination, very slim and professional looking shooter

19. flicks

Thanks Studer

Thank you Antraxx! Really appreciate your comment!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  20. Traveler

Traveler Junior Member

There seem to be so many quality craftsmen/women on this site! You do seem like one of them, outstanding job!