F*#K, just hit myself on the thumb

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by stylesie, Nov 2, 2013.

1. stylesie

stylesie Ptsak Trangluker

Ouch, as the title says, trying some new shenanigans and took a thumb strike.

So, should I use a cold pack or a heat pack?

Colin

2. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I'm not sure go to hospital if really bad I bandage mine with some stuff it's only happened once and not big so I can't tell you sorry.

J hope that gets better

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Cold pack - it causes the blood vessels to constrict, lessening blood flow to the area, which may help with bruising. A hot pack may give the exact opposite effect.

Dr. BV - anything to add here?

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Ice, man, ice!!! if you have a hematoma under the nail you must go to a hospital or doctor so he can drain it! were you using rocks?

5. stylesie

Nothing that bad, just painful.
    I'm using Ice, looks good.
    Lesson learned.
    I WAS wearing eye protection :)

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Oooo - I had a nasty hematoma under a toenail once after dropping a heavy steel plate on my foot at work :eek:. I didn't break my toe, but the pressure from that blood pooling started getting worse and worse until it was almost unbearable. They used a special little drill to get through the nail and drain the blood. It was the best feeling when they finally got it fixed. My toe hurt for a week afterward.

Sorry for the gross details, just wanted to share in the interest of medical science.

Hopefully you didn't hit yourself hard enough to do that.

7. stylesie

It was a Plastic toy from McDonalds, one of the Monsters Inc Crew. kinda sharp, but light weight.

Those guys do not fly true!!!

8. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

1---Welcome to SSC and sympathies on the thumb strike.
    2---Moral of the story--don’t go shooting McDonald’s plastic monster toys! This is one of the reasons I shoot frames with pretty high, wide forks. I’m not a very good shooter yet, my shooting is still a bit erratic and not every shot always goes as and exactly where planned. I presently hold a regional Fork Hit Champion title and I’m lucky I haven’t done any knuckle-busting thumb or hand strikes yet, but who knows? It’s only Saturday afternoon, so maybe later this weekend (?)...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  9. stylesie

Slept on it overnight, and it's all good. Sight bruise, but the joint works OK.
    Yep, lesson learned.

10. Haze

Haze New Member

Interesting Lacumo - broke one of my best with a fork hit yesterday - I reckon I'm a contender!

11. Otees

Otees Another Member

I hope you get better.

12. Otees

Otees Another Member

I saw a video of this guy drilling one on youtube.

13. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

My brother hit me accidentally with a stone on my left pointy finger so number 2? And then if obviously fell off :( it was so nice at the beach so I never bothered about it until once I opend the bandage and it went from average kid size finger to my dad's finger I think the water came into the thumb :eek: well I learnt that I should not trust my brother :) lol. Later on Tessel the nail came off (when we still lived in holland)

J

14. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

I suggest revenge on the bloody toy. Bring forth the steelballs!

15. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

I think 6 pack is what we all prefer ;)
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  16. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Sorry about your thumb! But, a mistake is good learning experience. When they hurt, you learn a lot REAL fast.;)

Welcome to Sling World.