Every sandwich needs a pickle.

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by CaptainBacon, Sep 4, 2013.

1. CaptainBacon

CaptainBacon Knowledgeable Man

I've finally made the time to make a few more slingshots this morning before running off to work. Loving your job is quite the time consumer.

I've been intrigued for some time with pickle fork shooters, and after noticing the many advantages, decided to make a few.

20130904_140840[1].jpg

From left to right:

1. Birch plywood 3/8" thick with thera-tube black.
    2. Black acetal 1/4" thick with green yoga bands.
    3. Clear polycarbonate 1/4" thick with red yoga bands.

The tubed fork is sort of the safety shooter, because the tubes give a tremendous amount of lift to the shot.

Anywho, on to the advantages of these guys.

First off, they're hella pocket-able. Smaller than my cell phone and thinner with it's case on.

Second, They require very little material. You could buy a strip of material 3" wide by 4" long and make one.

Third, they're very fun to shoot. I'm finished making slingshots for power. These are purely for shooting fun; stuffing in a pocket and going for a hike to plink on a mountain.

I'll be making a few more of these as this first batch was experimental.

2. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I like the transparent one. As that's my favorite color.

3. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

Good slingies! I find myself changing bands on my sling shots for lighter easy shooting rubber.
    Lots of fun and easier learning process for me. And my favorite ss is small natural with forks so low it can qualify as a pickle.
    Like your pickles - simplicity + functionality.

4. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

very nice pickles !! I also like the transparent one ... dgui sent me 2 of him signed ! a great privilege ... congrats and enjoy !
    Cheers
    Arturo

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I saw the title of this thread...and went and got some lunch. In doing so, I forgot to mention that these are great little shooters, I like them all!

6. CaptainBacon

Thanks guys!

I've changed my template a bit; making it more blocky with only the fork gap having an interior curve. A straight edge is easier to shape than a curvy one.

I'll post more when I make them.

7. Courier

Courier Senior Member

They look amazing!
    Your thread gives me the motivation to start shooting with pfs-slingshots again. So thank you very much CaptainBacon! :)

8. CaptainBacon

You're welcome!

I think with these I'd like to stick with plastics, although I do have some wood scraps for when I have some more time. I've still got plenty of polycarbonate, and enough acetal for one more. Aside from that, I could make one from corian, colored acrylic, aluminum, steel, etc.