Even German supermarkets want me to build slingshots!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VWscooby, Jan 4, 2014.

1. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Two supermarkets that have taken off really well in the UK over the past few years have been Lidl and Aldi, mainly due to their special offers.

I went the 5 miles to my local Aldi to get, if I'm honest, some cheap wine and beer but I found something much better! They were selling soldering irons so picked one up to try some pyography but the main score was a mini axe multitool!

[​IMG]

It looked perfect for rustic natural builds so I had to get it. Looking at what Tillia can achieve with just the most basic of tools is an inspiration and this has everything on it. Axe, saw, knive and file so its good to go.

Also, as usual, whenever I have a slingshot out or am building one my little slingshot buddy HAS to get involved!

[​IMG]

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Nice blade!! Curious about what that axe can do haha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

3. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Nice! And I, too, have a fuzzy SS building buddy.

-Wild Bill

4. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  5. AzadSidarSalikara

AzadSidarSalikara New Member

I know them but they are just looking cool but they are bad to handle:eek:

6. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Ive not seen one exactly the same anywhere else Schultz, sorry! If they come back on sale Ill let you know :)

WildBill - Honestly, that cat is addicted to slingshots! He is terrible when I'm trying to tie bands!

7. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I miss Aldi and Lidl. I shipped there all the time when I lived in Germany. I never saw this took though, granted it was about 12 years ago that I lived there.

8. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

We have Aldi's around here, but they seem to have a 'random' store stock at any given time. Other than the 'Kirkland' brand of whatever food products they can think of, the rest of the store seems like it could be overstock or seconds purchased at cents on the dollar from auctions or other such. So chances are that such a find wouldn't be at every- or perhaps even any- other Aldi.

-Wild Bill

9. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

The ones we have here are pretty good. The food is always the same brands in stock so you can plan a shop. The special offers seem to be on a yearly rota. They get motorbike gear in the first week of March every year for example. I wouldn't trust my head in one of thier helmets but the boots are great and ridiculously cheap. Can be a bit hit and miss if your local store will have everything on the website though.

10. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Well, went down to Aldi today for a couple of bits and what did I see in a scuffed box under a pile of gloves and shirts? Only a folding workbench, perfect! Last one in the shop and only cost £10.99 too!! ($18, 13euro) Rude to not buy it really.

Now I have somewhere to put a vice I can start looking for one of them now :) Off to put it together now, I know how to live life to the max on Saturday night! ;)

[​IMG]

11. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

What else would you be doing on a Saturday night?

12. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Nowadays? Sadly, not a lot!