El Toro - The Bull of Heaven.

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by KnuckieG, Aug 3, 2013.

1. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Grant Katty 1-1.JPG

Hi Everyone! :)

My friend Steven Hart is a genius at woodworking how could I resist introducing him to the joys of Catapults/Slingshots? :D

This is my first design and Steve's first attempt!!!!! Gobsmacking isn't it? This is El Toro called that due to resemblance my doodle/scribble had to the Astrological sign of Taurus. What I didn't expect was Steve's stroke of genius! If you kinda squint you can make out the Bull's ears,horns and nose ring. With the beautiful glossy finish you can almost smell the Bull Sweat LOL!! :D I think he's a very substantial piece of Padauk there are at least 4 gripping methods including index and middle finger support a twist on the usual index only. Banded with 2xtbg in ttf mode he's a powerful beast shots feel absolutely effortless as the grip is so trustworthy I'll be experimenting ;) Hope you folks like him :)

link to catty folder = https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.536640813068086.1073741825.149381271794044&type=3

link to the main page :) = https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harts-Wood-Crafts/149381271794044

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  2. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013

3. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Both looing very good!

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Bruja rules!!!! I love the celtic notch!!!

5. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

2 Outstanding Shooters!

6. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Yes, indeedy! I sure can see El Toro! No squinting required. [​IMG]

El Toro is Padauk, and the Baby Bruja is Padauk and... walnut?

Gorgeous! Both of them.

7. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Another fine piece of work! And yes, it looks just like a bull. In fact, even with my eyes, if it looked any more like a bull, I reckon I would take off running!:D
    In all seriousness, this is just really great work. Thank you very much for sharing these!

8. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Nice Work, the second is my Favorite! :D

9. Hardtimes

Hardtimes Member

Beautiful pieces. Your friend is quite talented.

10. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Thank you to everyone!!! He is extremely talented I would love to post the guitars he's made me! Two custom 8 string electric guitars which are just incredible. He's planning no3 a 28" scale, 41 fret(!), 8 string guitar!!! In my opinion he's a Genius and a genuine mate too :)

11. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

I do not understand a word about what you said about the guitars, but...

That is one fantastic slingshot!