dx tubes?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Tilia, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

hi probable this question been asked before but i don't have so much success with the search engine but.....

does any one have experience with tubes from deal extreme?

i want to switch from my thera-band gold to tubes because the bands don't last that long an the tubes have more use in a survival situation :cool:

and can someone tell me what the difference is with speed and power

thnx and greets Tilia

2. dolomite

dolomite Banned

TBG lasts plenty long if you match bands to ammo size correctly. theraband can do nearly anything tubes can except being used as a straw. Never tried dx tubes but I do like dankung tubing. Tubes can be abused more but usually have heavier pull and less speed per draw weight.

3. Zer0OneZer0

Zer0OneZer0 Member

Um.... with all my experience with tube I've found them to be very powerful. I manly use thera tube Red, and yellow, and sometimes i use dankung 1745. No theratube bandset has worn out yet for me and i still have some bands that has lasted me since July. They also seem to be accurate and precise in the ball and tube attachment or many similar attachments. Overall theratube is fast and long lasting.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  4. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

thnx, i didnt know there were tubes from thera, i only new the bands

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  5. Zer0OneZer0

Zer0OneZer0 Member

6. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

its as versatile as your own imagination

you can use tubes as straw, to blow your fire on the right spot, use it to siphon
    can be helpful in distillation (tough you still need some metal pipes)
    protect yous saw teeth after slicing your tube length wise, use it more easy in traps, guide line tension-ers etc,etc,

bushcraft/survival is about adapting and improvising
    not to see the obstacle but the way around them, doing more with less