Drink them or shoot them !

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Saderath, May 18, 2013.

1. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

I got my hands on a six pack of unopened beer cans but unfortunately they expired two years ago !!!

I truly believe that beer should not be wasted in any way so...

Here is my question,

should i drink them or make video of me shooting them (and in what way) ?

Looking forward to your opinions and ideas!

Thanks!

2. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Hi, :) so many cans, so many possibilities and a nice idea!

Best thing would be cans standing on a board, the lower third on the backside leaning on a wall or board to make them hold when hitten. Or glueing them on a board or put heavy stones on it.

You may use different types of ammo, one camera filming you and the target when shooting, another camera near the target to show what happens there. Maybe in slow motion, but i don´t know low cost solutions for this.

Ammo could be 8mm steelball (2g) 12mm steelball and 15mm steelball (more than 12g). Also 6mm hexnut (1,5g-2,5g), 8mm hexnut 5g and 10mm hexnut 10g.

Please, do it... :D

3. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Drink 'em. Beer doesn't go bad unless it gets skunked by light. Cans are opaque.

When my first wife and I bought our first house, I bought a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale to celebrate, but forgot about it in the basement. I kept saying I was going to drink it on a special occasion. When I sold the house 7 years later, I finally remembered it, and I drank it. Still tasted just fine, but there was a bit of sediment in the last couple swallows.

If you want to shoot pressurized beverages, pick up the cheapest soda in a can you can find. I'm with the Irish on wasted booze. If I can't stomach it, I find a friend who can. :)

4. RBurke83

RBurke83 New Member

I advise some testing. Take 20 shots at a target. Then drink beer and take 20 more shots and compare.

5. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

drink them and make a video of it. :D

6. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Drink them!! I believe it is a criminal act to waste beer in most countries, and I wouldn't want you to get in trouble!

7. LEDPunisher

LEDPunisher New Member

Is your beer pasteurized? If not, and it has not been kept cold, it will have begun re-fermentation. Not recommended to drink.

What's the alcohol percentage? Most anything over 8% will take age with some grace, but I'm not entirely sure about two years, that's likely to fall to the higher content wines.

If the can isn't bulging, I'd crack it open and take a whiff. You're likely to get hit with a very skunky smell.

You've probably lost all carbonation at this point.

8. RBurke83

RBurke83 New Member

Yea that might be true about the pasteurization...There are some funny youtube videos of people opening decades old coke and drinking them, with hilarious results.

9. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

I decided to shoot only one as i came to see that they were fit to drink !! I am enjoying a cold one as i am writing this :D

Here is the video, Thanks for watching !

[ame]http://youtu.be/I6tVdQnUJ5c[/ame]

10. Courier

Courier Senior Member

Great shooting! :)

11. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Wow, nice!:)
    Ever tried to shoot toilet brushes with the can launcher?

12. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Haha no, only cans :D

13. Schultz

Schultz New Member

14. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Great shooting, very impressive!! Glad you decided to drink some of them too, nothing better than a beer after a day of shooting beers!

15. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Every beer is sacred, every beer is great.
    If a beer is wasted, God gets quite irate.

16. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Nice shootin' and i love that can thrower, i am pretty sure you can launch a lot of things form it and get funny results.