Dragon's Love

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Ravensbull, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

First off, thanks to Hrawk for this fantastic design! These are a lot of fun and they may produce offspring yet in our care..! My lady friend really likes the "blonde." It's hard maple with 24 hour BLO soak. The other is white oak with ebony Minwax stain and soak. The red band's are Dayhiker's cut of Gold's gym red for 7/16" steel but great with marbles too. The other is blue Gold's gym cut at 1/2"×3/4"×10" doubled before ties. Thanks for looking! :)

Attached Files:

2. LW

LW New Member

A timeless good design on a slingshot can never be a fault.

I like the woods much better ... ;) you have been busy?!

3. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Gee, RB... You must have had some time off during the holidays. I'm glad to see that you didn't let it go to waste.

-Wild Bill

4. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

very nice pair!

5. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Ive just finished one of these myself, it is a nice design. Yours do look substantially better than mine though! Really like the dark one. :)

6. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Nice work, you can barely see the dark ones pouch with your back ground.

7. AmmoM56

AmmoM56 New Member

Very nice, really like the blond. Thanks for describing the bands, never thought of Golds Gym as a source for shooter supplies. Thnx again from a newby !!

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

9. Hrawk

Hrawk Hedonistic Decedance

Very nice. Great job on the rounding and shaping!

10. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Thanks again to you too Hrawk, it's very easy to tell how and why this design is so popular after holding and shooting it. I would like to eventually do one detailed out like a dragon's head. Carved, burned, painted..? Guess I'll figure that when I get there.