Does anyone dress up?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AngelicScars, Oct 3, 2013.

1. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

For Halloween that is. ;)
    Halloween has to be my favorite holiday. I love to dress up! The past few years I've done cosplay, but this year due to budget restraints and limited time, I'm going a bit generic.
    I'll be a dark/goth-ish ballerina(wearing all black).

How about you guys? We can't be the only ones, can we?

2. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

I love costumes, although I never do anything along the lines of that... It's a thing I'd like to do in the future. Movie-characters I have in mind are:

Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)
    Fili the Dwarf (The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey)
    Darth Vader
    Stormtrooper
    Bobba Fett
    Darth Maul
    X-Wing Pilot (All five from Star Wars)
    Zaphod Beeblebrox
    Marvin the Paranoid Android (Both from The Hitchhikers Guide to the galaxy)

I like movies :D

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

My family and I usually attend a Halloween party at a friends house, and we usually dress up for it. The parties normally have a theme, so we dress according to the theme.

4. Jeremy

If you do Zaphod Beeblebrox or Marvin I hope you post pictures! I LOVE that move.

5. FIAAO

Yes, that movie sure rocked! And the books are fantastic too! I haven't seen the old BBC series yet, I'll save that for the future :)

Zaphod should be the simple one, I guess. No idea how to make a Marvin custome that would fit me and still making it possible for me to see and move. Well, I'll come up with something :)

6. AngelicScars

My 7 year old has been a stormtrooper, Boba Fett, and an X-Wing Fighter Pilot. ;)
    My 5 year old has been an E-Wok (cutest one ever I might add).
    Last year my 5 year old dressed up as the Joker. I bought a white suit and custom dyed EACH PEICE and knitted him red socks to wear. It was a lot of work, but looked amazing. We had SO MANY compliments on it. I wish he could wear it again!

I've been Alice from Resident Evil, a barmaid from True Blood, a Fable Hero (from the game Fable), and last year I dressed up as Harleen Quinzel to match my son. :D

7. Jeremy

Do you have pictures? I'd love to see the Joker.

8. FIAAO

Lucky kids you have :) My parents barely knows Star Wars (They refer to R2 as "the vacuum cleaner") I just saw the movies for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Awesome :D

9. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

We don't have halloween here....:(

10. AngelicScars

Sure thing! I'm not the type to put my kids' pics out there, but he's wearing makeup.
    Oh! The hat was an awesome cheap Goodwill find. I just added the ribbon for Joker flare.
    We mixed about 3 versions of Jokers together, just so you know. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. AngelicScars

We are nerds. Actually, I had never watched Star Wars until after having kids, now I've watched each several times. LOL!

12. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I have been known to put on an old war surplus gas mask and leap out of the bushes with a real chainsaw (minus chain) roaring away. I've seen parents completely abandon their kids while trying to get away!:D

And now the part where the parents around here tell me I'm a horrible person...:p

Note: I never do this to very little trick-or-treaters, I always feel bad when little Superman disengages his Super bladder.:D

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  13. FIAAO

Ahahaha, Will that is hilarious! :D :D

14. Jeremy

I freaking LOVE the Joker. I can see the Heath Ledger and Jack Nickolson influences. That is simply awesome!

15. AngelicScars

Thanks so much! We definitely put our all into this one, and it was well worth it! :D

16. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Perhaps not, but you do have Carnival - don't tell me you haven't dressed up as a dancer for that at one point or another?? Photos??? ;)

The joker costume is great, nice work, and nicely done matching up with your son. The last time we dressed up was probably a little over 10 years ago. My wife decided I should go as Boromir from LOTR. Cosplay it wasn't :)

Yeah, cleaning up the spilled 'kryptonite' wouldn't be much fun :(

And yes...we're nerds too. But nerds are cool now right?

17. Jeremy

Very nice Will. My first thought when you mentioned a gas mask was Doctor Who. I'm a pretty big nerd myself.

18. BrPio

BrPio .

If I got some where to go I'll dress up. But other than that It's very quiet here for Halloween (not even Trick or treaters). I live in an area that is part of an ancient native American burial ground (a lot of paranormal stuff goes on here). So during Halloween most people are a bit paranoid to come around.

19. zwillie

zwillie New Member

:cool: Wow... I love your style.

[​IMG]

Zwillie :eek: (just the truth)

20. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Last time I dressed up It was 10 years ago as agent 47 of the Hitman video game fame. Shaved head complete with barcode, suit, leather gloves, and garrot wire. I knocked on my homies door and hid in the bushes. When he opened the door to no one he turned around assuming a kids prank, thats when I pounced on him and started choking his ass a bit. Everyone was laughing at agent 47 choking the piss out of a seven foot tall werewolf...good times. Jareds wolf costume was complete with reverse jointed legs like in the movies. Serious looking hardware it was. Every kid that trick or treated there on that night got a little extra adrenaline with their candy.