DIY Whisker Biscuit

Discussion in 'Slingbows' started by dannytsg, Jun 24, 2013.

1. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

For those of you wanting to make a slingbow you will have come across the whisker biscuit arrow rest. Commercially available ones can be very expensive so I decided to show you how to make your own.

Materials required:

1 x 40mm PVC pipe connector
    3 x old tooth brushes
    1 x 15mm pipe
    superglue/epoxy resin

Firstly cut the heads off the tooth brushes and then use a file to rough up the surface on the back of the heads and inside the PVC pipe. Now using either superglue or epoxy resin, glue the heads inside the pipe so that they form a Y shape.

Finally cut and attach a piece of 15mm PVC pipe to the outer section of 40mm pipe. This allows you to fix it to your catapult frame.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h...350F32-12123-00000E498DC224EB_zps6a08260c.jpg

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

3. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

The gaps between brushes look like they might be more gentle to fletching than some commercial designs I've seen.

Nice work.

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I like this design. I've seen several different variations of the homemade whisker biscuit, but I think this looks to be the most durable. Thank you for sharing this, I can see that I need to build a slingbow in the near future. I'd like to see some more pictures of the ones you've created too!

5. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Good work, now you need a good bow:)

6. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

@ Will - thanks. I will post up some more pictures of my SlingBows soon.

@ Achso - depends in which bow you means. I have a standard compound bow, a recurve, a crossbow and plenty of homemade SlingBows lol.