dimple vs centerhole pouches

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by onnod, Sep 7, 2012.

1. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Hey guys,<br>After making the dimple pouches, see my dimple pouches post, i did a test this afternoon.<br>Center hole vs dimple pouches. I attached a 15*80 mm center hole pouch with a 8 mm center hole and a 20*80 mm dimple pouch with a 14 mm dimple to 2 sets of 10*20*300 mm rucanor red bands, 3 bands per side. I shot with both of them 30 12 mm steel and 30 14 mm steel. The results were about the same, only thing was that i was faster with the dimple pouche. I had with both a hit ratio of about 25 or 26 out of 30 and they both totally smashed 2 tuna cans .<br>Conclusion: the dimple pouches are fun and fast but aren't really worth the effort, as Center hole pouches are just as good at aiming and shooting.<br>Well this was my test, please if you think i did something something wrong.<br>Bye<br>Onnod

2. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

what do you mean with "faster"?<br><br>sure, reloading a dimple pouch would be faster, but i'm too afraid of the ball coming right back at me cause of twisting or something while accelerating.<br><br>if the dimple pouch has the same weight as the one with the centerhole, there shouldn't be a difference how fast the ball flies.<br><br>maybe there is less hand slap on the dimple as its acting as a brake parachute?<a href="http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/parachute.html" class="postlink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"></a>

3. onnod

I mean faster reload, i don't think that the weight difference, wich i maybe 1 or 2 grammes, has lots of influence to the speed

4. Muizert

Muizert New Member

Thanks for testing that out !<br><br>I,m experimenting with the pouches to, made a bounded one (glued) this weekend to see if that works. Used Bisonkit as glue and i,m happy with the result: very strong pouch. What i wanted to know about the dimpled ones , does the dimple stay good after many shots ?? <br><br>All the best.

5. onnod

It does deform after a couple hundred shots, but it isn't much