Difficulty with forum software

Discussion in 'About the Forum' started by chilihook, Nov 8, 2017.

1. chilihook

chilihook Junior Member

Hello!

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, if so can the admins please move it for me? Thanks.

I am having difficulty with doing just about anything with the desktop version of the forum. I can still post and edit my posts through the mobile app, but I can't do anything with the dersktop app - I'm not even sure if this will post or not as I type it.

What happens - example: I tried to change my avatar. I was in my profile, I clicked my avatar to change it and the software hung up and never progressed. I had to reload the page. Another example: When uploading my most recent post, I tried to do it through the desktop, but it just hung there, not doing anything when I tried to upload it. I was able to through the mobile app. When I saw that it needed an edit, I couldn't edit through the desktop, I had to use the mobile app.

More than likely, I'm messing something up or I missed something in the most recent update. If anyone has any ideas about what I may or may not be doing, please let me know. Lastly, what happened to all my stats? Likes given, likes received, etc.?

2. SSAdmin

SSAdmin Administrator

I have made the proper people aware of the issues we're having. When I hear back I will let you all know.

Sorry for the issues!

BeMahoney likes this.

3. chilihook

chilihook Junior Member

Thanks for letting me know!

4. Blankwalker

Blankwalker Active Member

Meanwhile what i found..
    On your Smartphone Not only Tab ( reply, choose, klick etc.) - better hold until your Device asks what to do.. Choose " open in New Tab " -there it will work.
    Also the Avatar change Link at the bottom of the site works in contrast to the way that s proposed in the howtoo FAQ.
    Cheers

BeMahoney and chilihook like this.
  5. SSAdmin

SSAdmin Administrator

I think we got everything fixed. If you have any other issues please let me know.

chilihook likes this.
  6. vestlenning

vestlenning Sling it!

Delete works, edit works - good work!

7. chilihook

chilihook Junior Member

Yes!! Seems like everything is working as it should. Thanks for your speedy work!

8. Knallfrosch

Knallfrosch Senior Member

Lately i have some difficulties uploading Pictures... not the upload itself, but to show them as pictures... they remain as a file download, because the buttons "show imige in full size/ show as thumbnail" do not work. Is it just me(and my old PC), or does anyone else have that problem?

9. Brian Cuyle

Brian Cuyle Member

I am having the same issues.

10. Brian Cuyle

Brian Cuyle Member

11. Brian Cuyle

Brian Cuyle Member

I have the same issue working from a laptop.

12. Brian Cuyle

Brian Cuyle Member

What type of file am I supposed to use? When I try adding an avatar from the bottom button like you mention I get a message saying the server cannot process the file. ??