Did you know Santa lives in Oregon?

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Antraxx, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Did you know Santa lives in Oregon? (My Trade with Can-Opener)

Yes, indeed.

In Oregon, not at the Northpole...

My Girlfriend and me are getting ready to drive home to Christmas to our families. Will be around 1200km Trip, but it´s always someting special to be at home with your family at Christmas.

And yesterday...perfectly timed...a package arrived from Randy (Can-Opener).

This is something very special for me. Not only does it contain a Slingshot he made for me as Part of the Trade he already presented here a while ago...it also holds something his Wife made for my Girl....more Slingshots...Rubber...Pouches...man...i´m so blown away! It really feels like i won a big prize in some kind of Lottery!

I had a few sad one-way-trades lately and was really upset because of that but this Box so makes up for that... S & R you are both amazing!

Thank you so much. I will update you and this thread as soon as there is something to update. I´m hitting the road in a few hours, so it might take a few days.

I know this is a horrible Cliffhanger for you Guys, but sorry...i had to share my joy and quick Pictures won´t to the Content any justice, believe me...

So i´m afraid this is all i can show you atm:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A merry Christmas to all of you, enjoy some nice days with your families and please be safe!

All the best

AnTrAxX

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Wonderful! I love to watch trades going on around the world. I've never seen anything like this on any forum or any group I've ever participated in. It's so much fun to watch. Glad to hear that this trade worked out for you this time Antraxx - I haven't been stood up on a trade yet, but I guess it's bound to happen someday. Enjoy your trip and enjoy the package. I always knew there were some good folks here in Oregon, even if they wear a red suit :)

3. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

I hate cliffhangers.

Ps: if you considered or started reading Game of Thrones books.... Dont or stop! its torture, just wait for Martin to finish it! :-D

4. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Hey Guys!

I´m back in buisness and i´m very sorry you had to wait that long.

Returned home 3 Days ago and found out my CF-Card crashed.

I took a couple hundred Pics...so sad...i went to a pretty cool Location when i was at home...so i want to rescue as much as i can...that might take a few additional days tho.

But since i still have holiday...and i don´t want to let you wait any longer...i hopped into my Car today and took some additional ones on one of my trusted locations over here.

Enough talking...please lean back (i hope you are sitting in front of your PC because you might faint and fall) and enjoy the awesomeness of Can-Opener :)

I´ll have to split it and i want to start slowly:

First of all we talked about how much i love the Region Randy lives in. I think the landscape of the Pacific coast is just amazing and i´m in love with the look since i saw "The Goonies" as a Kid.

So i was brisk enough to ask if it may be possible to add a Postcard for our refrigerator...what they mailed instead were a lot of Postcards, Flyers and magazines. Enough to read and watch for days!

[​IMG]

But wait, There´s more...

We also talked about Shooting Tubes and the Problems i had getting some good stuff.
    So he added a quater mile of Tex medium tube and some awesome laminated Super-Sure Roo Pouches for 11 and 12mm Steel.
    The Pouches are really top quality stuff. Very smooth and strong. I really think i should stop making my own, there are brilliant.
    The Tubing is also very promising. I will cut a set and start shooting this weekend, the weather is pretty nice atm.

[​IMG]

I´m not exactly sure if it is the same one as seen on his "one hour Slingshot" Challange Video, but Randy included a Sling with the same design you saw there.
    Rock solid, slim and comfortable EDC Shooter. He mailed it banded up and ready to shoot.
    When i walked to my first location on the morning of the 24th of December, a Castle Ruin which was first build around the year 700, i had it in my back pocket and it already launched around
    50 acorns when i reached my goal :) That was fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

That's a nice slingy you got! Randy sure did a great job!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

6. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Woot! I do dig Can Opener's style! Congratulations on a new lease on trade trust!

-Wild Bill

7. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

8. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Before i continue with Slingshot-Pictures i want to show you some kind of "Making of" where you can see the area i took most of the Pics.
    The small City in the Valley (Pic. 3) is my Hometown. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

I´d really like to let all the Credit go to Randy and his amazing work.

You may need to know what you are doing behind the Cam, but it´s a pleasure and he makes it easy to let his Slingshots shine.

They are flawless. Beautiful and fully functional!

As you may know i don´t believe in "Shelf-Queens". I shoot what i make and i also shoot what i get. If i´m really nervous about something, maybe because the Shape is new, i´d rather adjust my ammunition instead of taking the pleasure of shooting away from me. Acorns for the first shots f/ex instead of starting with steel.

The next one i want to present to you is no expeption.

You might recognize it tho...yes...and please remember...envy is one of those deadly sins...hahaha :p

This really made us both sweat i suppose...it´s an official >15.000 Miles Slingshot now, because it traveled to Germany...and went back to Oregon (i think because of a dented package) within 8 Weeks.

Randy then was kind enough to make one of his awsome display stands too!

It´s his Ergo Bone in Aluminium with interchangable Scales.

As you can see he also included a 2nd Set of Scales with the three colors (green, black, white) in a different order.

The Stand matches the Scales perfectly and i´m really diggin his Can-Clips™.

This one is currently in a Display Cabinet :)

Enjoy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Oh my, that is one heck of a slingshot. I've admired canopener's process that he uses to create the patterns in these slingshots. Combined with the laminates, they are just outstanding. This is a piece that truly stands up against the type of work you turn out yourself Antraxx. Proud to know that piece came from Oregon :) I think I'd have a hard time shooting a work of art like that. Enjoy.

Canopener - outstanding piece of work.

11. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

That green is just... amazing! It leaves me speechless!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

12. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Awesome sling...really great.....what else to say?

13. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Really Beautiful Slingshots! :cool:

14. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

The stand is a fantastic idea and brilliantly executed (obviously!). Flawless is a word thats bandied around a lot but when it comes to CanOpeners and Antraxxs work, its justified. Slingshots as art, who would have thought eh!

Great photos as always too :)

15. LBH2

LBH2 Junior Member

Simply awesome compilation…..the attention to detail is overwhelming. What a nice shooter! LBH2

16. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Thanks Guys :)

Hey LBH, nice to see you "over here" too :cool:

17. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Randy, that ergo bone is such a sweet design! I love the bright green scales, looks toxic.

Sent from my ME173X using Slingshot Forum mobile app

18. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

+1 :eek:

19. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Also included in the Package was a Pair of Tubeshooters!

The orange one is mine, the green one i will send forward to a fellow forummember and friend. He is part of another Trade with Can-Opener but we used the chance to take pics of them together (for the last time maybe because the green one will be the next 15k miles+ Sling). They had no name when i got them, ... when i looked at them in the forrest...those amazing curves...that shine...they look and feel almost liquid...Quicksilver Twins was the first that came to my mind.

They are each ornamented on both sides. One side has a starlike, the other a more flowerish Ornament, starting with a circle.

The Tube and lanyard-holes are filled with a chamfered brass tubing.

It´s hard to explain how well those fit into a hand. Like i said, almost like a liquid.

They are polished to a mirror finish and absolutly flawless.

The inner layer is made from the same black-white+color of cristal clear acrylic used on the Ergo-Bone.

A very wise move was to put the white layer next to the colorful middle part. This way the light is caught and if the Sun tickles one side even the slightest bit the slingshot itself seems to glow from the inside.

I tried to catch a few sunrays in in the cores, i think you will see what i mean.

Have a great day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Antraxx - you've got to stop posting surprises from CanOpener - I am running out of words to use to describe these amazing pieces. Randy does amazing work, that's obvious.