Deviled Rambone!

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by JoergS, Nov 17, 2013.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

I still have several of the truly unbreakable, but unsightly preproduction high-fiberglas-Rambones.

Because of the ergo shape, I thought that the Rambone handle would also make a great core for a knuckle duster. However, ring shaped knuckle dusters are banned in Germany...

So I simply added three mean spikes to the Rambone handle, from nine inch nails (what else) and blunted/deburred those just enough so they won't damage rubber bands that snap back and hit them.

They look mean, and probably work real well, too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Send it to Detroit... Such weapons are needed for basic survival in Detroit. Indeed, the Zombie Apocalypse began in Detroit...

-Wild Bill

3. LW

LW New Member

This thing looks evil, this thing looks badass. Devil-animatedevil.gif

Very good implementation, even if the thing is legal,

I'm sure that the cops would confiscate it... :D

4. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

ahww yeaah!! i love it!! looks way more comfy than those ring shaped ones.

I'm still wondering if nine inch nails already is a metal band... if not, I might have to start searching for a guitar guy and such:D

edit: the name is taken :(

5. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Onnod, I was about to yell at you for not knowing about Nine Inch Nails, then I saw your age. You have missed out........

Very mean looking modification to the Rambone. Run out of ammo? No problem!!

6. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

yeahh, i guess i have... i'll have a look (listen):D

edit: awww yeaahhh, i love it!!

damn, why hasn't anyone told me!:rolleyes: i'm now listening to the album "Year Zero". in the beginning i was a bit like "mehh, those guitars just don't sound right and those wierd noices in the background didn't really appeal to me. but i soon found out it was just an intro, a bit of sour 'till you would get to sweet sweet rock :D

so well, now i have another band in the "aww yeahh" folder on my ipod, and another band my neighbors are going to hear a lot, through my wall :D

goshh... soon i'll have more music on my ipod than i'll ever be able to listen to...:rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  7. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Very nice. Have you thought about combining the different colors? I thinck that that would be awesome.

8. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Damn being in Australia, that looks badass. But would definitely get me arrested.

Onnod if you are going to give NiN a listen go for some of their earlier stuff first, the With Teeth album is a good one to cut your teeth on at your age!

9. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

maybe make a karambit blade on the bottom of the sling

[​IMG]

10. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Yup, Downward Spiral is a great album too.

Just as an extra point this slingshot would be illegal in the UK under two separate laws. I think thats one reason I like it so much ;)

11. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Well that's definitely an intimidating weapon! I'm surprised that would be legal and a simple arm brace wouldn't be. Quite a fun piece to have on hand, especially if the ZA hits!

12. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

13. Ryan Wigglesworth

Ryan Wigglesworth Senior Member

nice lol. i think this is far worse than the ones banned :s

14. coconut42117

coconut42117 Junior Member

Oooooooooooooh! This slingshot is really cool and I love just about everything about it! Great piece

15. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

BRUTAL and INTIMIDATING! Love it!!!

16. Skorps

Skorps Senior Member

Hell yeah thats looks like an cool idea! I´ll think your mind is in the (steam) punk area now!! looking forward you will get out of this thema!

17. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

I think the thing is that an arm brace lets you add more power to the shot. I took shots with my wrist rocket I never would have dreamed of before it.

The other thing is projection, wrist brace lets you project that force.
    Spikes on the other hand reach exactly as far as your fist, and are visible.

So the guy on the other end has a chance to see the spikes and decided if it is time to flight instead of fight.

I don't necessarily "agree" with the law, but it makes sense to me.