Desperately Wanted, Starship, Oldish, or Newish, Care factor Zero....

Discussion in 'Slingbows' started by Aussie_Al, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Aussie_Al

Aussie_Al Banned

Hi All,

Well I think the topic says it all,

I'd like to think, but someone may be able to set me straight, I could be modified to take Dankung 40/70 looped, or 30/60.

I do very little arrow shooting from SS, preferring my compound bow, which in Thailand is illegal, and in the same category as handguns.

Although never break the 11th commandment "Thou shall not caught breaking the preceding 10".

Therefore arrows can be hard to come by; even though in the market you can easily buy cross bows, and crossbows pistols; so go figure the corruption out.

Cheers Allan

2. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

You'll find the arrows amazingly easy to make Allan. Whether with a shaving brush arrow rest or with a proprietory whisker biscuit you'll find slingbows amazingly tolerant of imperfections in the arrow. Take a length of bamboo, a 6" nail, a roll of gaffer's tape and you're there. Because of the sort of rubber you are likely to use the arrows do need to be strong though. If of not a sufficient 'spine weight' they will at best fly wild and at worst shatter in the bow. Good quality bamboo of around 10 to 12mm will do it nicely...the arrow weight just doesn't seem to matter much with a powerful slingbow. Carbon fibre arrows suitable for your compound bow should be fine but I'd be wary of aluminium ones as I've had one turn banana shaped on release !

3. Aussie_Al

Aussie_Al Banned

Thanks ruthiexxxx,

Funny though, asked my wife, and Thailand put all Bows in the same category as all firearms.
    Even though you can buy crossbows and pistol crossbows in the markets.

So getting custom made take down arrows made, is going to be a real problem.
    Given for my draw length, I want feather fletched 46 inch arrows, then the small ball I add for the pouch, then the triple type broadhead.
    Should make perfect for what I want.

Although even to get 3 or 4 shipped in; I'd have to pay a substantial bribe, just to get them through Customs; and my wife would quite rightly hit the roof.

Cheers Allan

4. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

what about ordering the parts for arrows, like spine, feathers, arrowheads separatly and put them together?

5. Aussie_Al

Aussie_Al Banned

Yes thanks, thought of that, as used to make my own; but the actual broadheads themselves; would still be the almost impossible to get through Customs.

Cheers Allan

6. CEZ

CEZ New Member

You can make your own broadheads, there are a couple of tutorials on youtube.

7. Aussie_Al

Aussie_Al Banned

Anyway the topic started with, regarding the starship.

I have chosen to go with a 14 inch extension from Wingshooter on the other forum beefed up to handle my bands strength; simply because the length is perfect (draw length with my normal 45 inches, 5 inches more than my 54 inch max Butterfly IF I could draw my heavy bands that far which I cannot do), and simply because I like the look of it.

The arrows I will figure out some how; and being a bow hunter for years; I am only seeking accuracy to 30 meters, which in the jungle here, you can rarely see that far anyway.

Cheers Allan