Demountable Idea 2

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Antraxx, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

I still love pocketable Slingshots...

My first attempt was based on the Lathe

https://www.theslingshotforum.com/f5/demountable-idea-1-a-30435/

This time i made one only by manuall-milling (and filing).

It´s actually more "foldable" instead of demountable...well.

I think she looks a little bit like a Transformers "Autobot" Logo when closed...so i call her "The Prime"

Used ash´s suggestion here. Ball-detent set screws that slide in the dovetails middle and lock in position.

Glasspearlblasted her and sealed the surface with Zapon Spray.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for that crappy .gif quality. It looked ok in 15mb, but i found no way to upload it somewhere so i had to cut it down to this...but you get the idea...sad you can´t hear the cool clicking sound everytime the arms lock into position :(

[​IMG]

A nice Weekend to all of you and be well!

Cheers

AnTrAxX

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I was thinking Transformers the moment I saw it. That is one of the coolest slingshots I've seen. I would love to have one of those. That is a marketable design, in my opinion. Nice.

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I know who's gonna win slingy of the month for oct. Antraxx, people all over would line up to get their hands on one of those, myself included. Inovation at its finest.

4. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Amazing work. Looks like a future weapon.
    I like it.

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

No doubt. If that was available, I'd buy one (assuming it wasn't too expensive).

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

This is a crime that everyones talking about the fake video and not this wonderslingy:mad:! This is the best new idea from one of our top builders and his reward is obscurity due to a fake vid, we are better than this! Antraxx, I'm sorry man because this would be top of the board for days without all this hoopala about a "kennedy bullet" like 20mm steel ball from the grassy knoll. Lets give Antraxx the comments he deserves. Rant done, lets get back to normal. All I can think about is this transformer slingy, I want to know everything about it. How well does it shoot?

7. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

Wow! Top notch slingshot and great design.

8. LW

LW New Member

That is the most creative thing I've ever seen for a slingshot. I know the EDC from Nathan, but yours is way to cool. sorry Nathan...
    I know you do much work by hand, but this is done on a CNC...?
    Have worked myselve into a locksmith sometimes, no one there could have done this with a file.
    If you have filed this by hand, You are my God.
    But even if not, this is an very, very excellent work!

If I could have the impudence, to express a tiny little criticism...? :eek:
    If you used the slingshot with flat bands, then you can not close it completely.

I hope you will not hate me for this, but I'm always up for criticism.:p

BTW, how can I get one of these...? :cool:

9. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

i'm not into this transformers stuff besides megan fox with mouth closed but "prime" seems to be a good name for it. :D

dolomite had to remind me to comment your awesome creation, sorry 'bout that i haven't already.

i'm really blown away by your working and designing skills. as always! i had an idea of a foldable slingshot too but not entire well-engineered. kinda like a butterfly knife. your's look very high tech! how did you do these tilted slots?

10. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

I love it Antraxx, true HiTech stuff, I second dolomite a winner for October ... congratulations !
    Cheers
    Arturo

11. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Thank you very much Guys for your Feedback.

You are right LW, but it was not designed for Flatbands at all. In a very early step i had in mind to do the dovetail only for the bottom, to make room for Bands too, but i wanted the extra stability so bad. So i decided to make it tubes only, thats why i have the groove only on one side, it´s just for the brasstube that secures the tubing, not for bands at all. The other side is even as you might have noticed.

It shoots good Dolomite, thanks for asking. The Problem (for me) atm is that i only have TTR over here which is not "too" strong, but pretts strong. So i have to watch carefully and flip the top, because the Forkgap is pretty narrow due to the Dovetail. I think with some light latex bands it would be perfect :)
    But again this was mainly a "Is it possible" and an experiment...i just wanted to get my hands on my own drawings and see if it works. I love to doodle something and be abled to hold it in my hands after some time. And for a first try i´m pretty happy.

As to "produce and sell"...it might be not too hard to make a fitting dovetail in wood, but done on a manual mill (no cnc-mill LW and i really used a file for the edges and fingersupport-spots) i think i have to dissapoint you :)
    Seeing new Vendors popping out which sell just laser cutouts for 190 Dollars and up...counting the time the machine and i put into this...noone would by it lol. But it´s not made to sell :)

12. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Maddy, +1 for megan fox +1,000 for closed mouth, so annoying when talking.

13. LW

LW New Member

Yes, I noticed the grooves only on one side, but I thought it would be the front and for binding the flatband. Did not seen this detail with the brasstube in the "gif", sorry my fault. How could I just suppose that you're making such a mistake...:D

You have not disappointed me at all. Fortunately, I am atheist, otherwise I would have had to take Antraxx as a religion...:p

once again, amazing work!

14. dolomite

dolomite Banned

As to "produce and sell"...it might be not too hard to make a fitting dovetail in wood, but done on a manual mill (no cnc-mill LW and i really used a file for the edges and fingersupport-spots) i think i have to dissapoint you :)
    Seeing new Vendors popping out which sell just laser cutouts for 190 Dollars and up...counting the time the machine and i put into this...noone would by it lol. But it´s not made to sell :)[/QUOTE]

I figured as much by reading the first post about it being all handmade but its so fine I couldn't help but ask. I agree the high dollar laser cuts are highway robbery, my dad was a metal worker till he retired so I know how much real work is worth. Still gonna get my vote in oct. I'd love to see it in decepticon purple and black color scheme.

15. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

I think i took Pics of both sides :p
    But you are right, i haven´t uploaded pics where the Sling is banded up...not yet...i already made them, just need a some time to upload :)

Thanks again for your Feedback Guys :cool:

16. HandForged13

HandForged13 New Member

Man that is GREAT! I never thought of that! It looks so syfy, do you mind if I use this design to make my own? I won't take credit or anything, I am also a fan of the mini slingshot. I also am working on a design that is super small yet crazy strong.

17. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Indeed, you are already the winner!
    and you can get rich with the copyrights of this one!!!! Make business with simpleshot!

18. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Is it possible??? Heck yeah it's possible! It's amazing! :eek: I really can't tell you how much I love this slingshot. It reminds me of my collection of pocket tools like my Leatherman. It's functional, yet there is a sense of style and form that makes me just want to look at it, admire it. Seriously amazing work on this one Antraxx. My second comment on this post, I just had to come back and look again.

19. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Lets bump this back up.

20. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

That is awesome! Looks very futuristic:)