Deer Stopper 2

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by umbroman, Feb 4, 2014.

1. umbroman

umbroman umbroman

Hi everyone, I don't know if you all remember a while ago I made a very similar slingshot and put it on here and to my amazement I got an outstanding amount of feed back, all positive by the way, well here I have made another one very similar Buffalo top with a deer hoof and shot gun cartridge on the front with a brass Ferrell at the joint and also I have fitted black Theraband which makes this extremely powerful when shooting with 15mm lead balls any way I hope you all like it and please let me have some feed back, be much appreciated thanks...

This slingshot is for sale

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Amazing work, the only thing I would add is some dots in your post:)

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

It's nice work. I like the shape and color of the fork as well as the addition of the brass ferrule and the shotgun shell head/primer. While the deer foot isn't my style, it does work well with this design. I'm sure you'll find a willing buyer for this nice piece.

4. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

I'm 50/50 on the foot but really like the rest of it 100%! The black and brass contrast makes it look really classy. A perfect slingshot for a country gent or his gamekeeper :)

5. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Hey Umbro,

I´m with Withak and Scoobs. The shooter is nice (unique anyway..)!
    The contrast of black and brass is perfect!- but I´m also not sure
    about the hoof... Are you sure that poor animal will do good with
    just three of them left? ;)

Greetings,

Be

6. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

7. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

The color scheme is spot on, and the horn looks beautifully smooth.

If you have any pictures of it, or another horn ss still in stages of work I'd love to see them.

8. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I think the deer foot ruined the beauty of the sling itself... just my opinion.

9. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

Shotgun she'll is bad ass, could be your mark.
    Deer hove is like or hate thing.
    Like the shape.

10. umbroman

umbroman umbroman

Hi,

Thanks so much, it looks so much better in real time, the photo does not do it any justice, also its very powerful and nice to shoot cheers

11. umbroman

umbroman umbroman

I will get some pics together for you when I am on my next project of the stages.:D

12. umbroman

umbroman umbroman

I know its not everyone's taste but I am always looking for originality, it looks awesome in real time the pics don't do it any justice at all, also feels great in the hand, oh the poor animal the hoof came off is doing quite nice in my freezer lol,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated :D

13. umbroman

umbroman umbroman

Hi,

Thanks so much, it looks so much better in real time, the photo does not do it any justice, also its very powerful and nice to shoot cheers :D