The Slingshot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,

I'm new to all that here. I recently found Jörgs vid on the net. Till that day, I'm fascinated by any kind of slingshot... As we all are.

Some days went by, but the idea of crafting an own shooter didn't.

So here is my first attempt. I would like to show you some pics, because I am not quite sure, if my work is good enough to speak of an beautiful slingshot.

So, don't be too hard to me, but feel free to critizise. The first one should not be the last. Maybe it's getting better.

I think, it's an Morhammer Designby the master Jörg, made of multiplex with a deep blue stain. I took (just know the german word) Serviettentechniklack for the finish. It's a mix of woodglue and lacquer.
It has got double layers of 2,5cm and 1,5cm tapered bands...

It shoots very nice...

The second one still got no bands. I fits nicely in the hand, but the finish (german klarlack) didn't work out the way I wanted

by the way. sry for my englisch. just schoolenglish learned long time ago :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,889 Posts
Looks fine. I am about to try adding dye to one of my shooters. Can you provide more details on how you added the color?

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
Hey!

What a start! - Great work!

Good you found your way to this place!
Welcome aboard!

Kind regards,

Be

·
Hoonigan Jeeper
940 Posts
I have to agree with everyone else, you have done a fine job and will fit right in on this forum!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi all,

thx for all the nice comments!! really motivating :)

bigdh2000 wanted more details about the coloring:
it's blue wood stain (brand "clou"[comes in lots of colors]) that comes as powder. you just have to add hot water - et voila - and you have a nice color that is really soaking in. I learned from youtube, that you should brush on some water to get a better result (the color will soak in deeper).
I did the staining before the final sanding (600).

But I found out, that multiplex wood is not the right one for best results. On natural wood the ?grain? <-- right word? shows up much better. I was a little disapointed, because of the good result when i was using an old board for testing - however - there's really no secret to this. Very simple.

One word more. When i finished my work with art potch, some stain did come off (maybe I was not patient enough) - so I had to fix it with blue crayon from my kids and some more layers of art potch... It worked just fine.

question answered!? good

bye and thx again
castello

·
1,343 Posts
Welcome to the forum and well done on your first two shooters!

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Slingshot Forum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts