Decoupage Dragon

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by VWscooby, Jan 1, 2014.

1. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

I mentioned in my NFL stickshot thread that I had practised on a different frame so I thought I would post it just for posterity.

Its the Dragon by Hrawk in 20mm ply with a Realtree twist. The colour is achieved by mixing black and green food dye. The rest is paper and PVA.

The finish is pretty poor but I was just trying out different materials and techniques. Still, its a usable slingshot so thats the main thing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks

James

2. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Looks pretty cool Scoobs! Being that ply and thickness it's much stronger than the pair I posted too. I like the dye idea too, got a project close to done with food coloring. Also, you can never go wrong with any camo!

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Looks good to me.

4. Hrawk

Hrawk Hedonistic Decedance

Awesome idea on the finish !

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Nice work Scooby! The realtree camo looks nice. I've got a Dragon I cut out a few months ago - it's a nice design. Unfortunately, it sits unfinished with several others that have been started. Just got distracted building slingshots for others for the trades, so it sits still, waiting for me to return one day.

6. Q45

Q45 New Member

Nice work man keep up the good work

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Slingshot Forum mobile app

7. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Glad everyone likes it :)

The Dragon seems to be really popular at the moment with quite a few popping up in the homemades section.