Danger

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by codido187, Jan 3, 2014.

1. codido187

codido187 New Member

Who wants to know an see why you have to be careful with grinders when cutting any metal??

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I use grinders for ten hours a day, 6 days a week, and I know they can be really mean! Lets see your battle scar!

3. codido187

codido187 New Member

Lol am I allowed to post gruesome pictures on this site

4. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

If you didn't loose any appendages, it can't be all that gruesome. Remember- scars are proof that we can survive our mistakes.

-Wild Bill

5. codido187

codido187 New Member

ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1388793058.429546.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1388793080.163659.jpg

Now who wants to know the story

6. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Damn man. Looks to me like it caught your pants and pulled itself into your leg. Either that, or it had a trigger lock, and was on auto.
    Either way, that's a bad one!

7. WildBill

However you managed to do that, don't do that again!

-Wild Bill

8. codido187

codido187 New Member

My boss was using a cut blade he was cutting a Meter out from a Pipe he was cutting the blade broke flew into my leg severed my quadtracep my patella tendon I was being taught how to cut the bolts off of the pig I had to re learn to walk and use my leg again over a years time

9. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

HOLY C RAP!

You will be on my mind until this is cured!
    It will heal perfectly, quicker than expected
    and all that will remain is a little scar on your skin!

This is not a prayer!- It´s programming!

You will be supported by the highest and self-healing
    powers anyone can imagine!

Be

safe, whole and happy!

10. codido187

codido187 New Member

I am completely healed up now it's been about a year and I'm still hurting from it I have little feeling under y knee than you for keeping me in your mind and the caring of everyone here I just thought I'd show people why grinder safety is an absolute must it came less then an inch from my femoral artery I would have died

11. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

That is certainly brutal my friend. I hope that the guard will stay on the grinder from now on! Exploding blades kill people all the time.

12. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

I wish you to cure that 100%!

Be safe from harm!

kind regards,

Be

13. codido187

codido187 New Member

Those exploding wheels are one of the top work related deaths I wish you safety and harm free work my friends on this forum learn from my pain and disability :) and thank you all for the care

14. codido187

codido187 New Member

I hope a lot of people look at this topic and say hell I'm going to put my safety gear on make sure the guard is tight the handle and disc is on properly

15. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Thats a common farmers accident around my neck of the woods, they tend to apply the "She'll be right" attitude to everything.

You are very lucky that it didn't do that much damage I've seen peoples legs turned to ribbons after something like that.
    In one of the small towns I grew up around there was a guy that died from an accident like that about 10 years ago, he was in the farm shed by himself and the disk exploded. Shrapnel severed the main artery in his leg, poor bastard.
    Since that happened every time I pick up a grinder I double check everything religiously.

16. WildBill

Ya know, we could turn this into a, 'Show pics of my worst injury' thread. I couldn't participate since my worst injury happened with no camera around- I got bit by a shark on the right foot when I was 15. But I'm sure there some more 'blood and guts' photo's lying around here...

-Wild Bill

17. codido187

codido187 New Member

Jesus that would hurt let turn it into a worst injury thread spread the word

And yeah I seen a farmer catch his arm in an auger and he was a hemophiliac he was lucky he lives

18. codido187

codido187 New Member

Yeah man I came close to severing my femoral I could have died if it was a little more to the right of my leg and it cut clean to the bone if you would have seen it before it closed you would have been like Jesus that is nasty

19. WildBill

Actually, the shark bite didn't hurt at all at the time. Their teeth are so sharp that it was a friend of mine who was snorkeling with me that first noticed the injury. But once the realization and the sting of the salt water set in, yeah, it hurt like the dickens!

-Wild Bill

20. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

The lesson here is when the Boss wants to help. RUN!