Constritor knot to attach flat bands to frame?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by cbates55, Nov 9, 2017.

1. cbates55

cbates55 New Member

Can the constrictor knot be used to attach your flat bands to the frame of the slingshot? How well does it hold if you can do this and will it damage the rubber in any way?

2. Knallfrosch

Knallfrosch Senior Member

I never tried it, but theoretically it should work.

3. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

It's unnecessary to do that. You might want to easily untie the bands to exchange them, the constrictor not cant be untied once tightened.
    If you are talking wrap&tuck the fricton of the rubber on the frame is more than enough to hold them. There are hundrets of threads and YT videos about different attachment methods. I mostly do it like this (in short): wrap a piece of rubber around the fork, put the flatband on it, wrap rubber piece around some times, fold over the rest of the flatband, wrap around rubber piece some more times, tuck the loose end thorough an you are good to go. Hope it's understandable.

4. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

I just can't find it. Drives me crazy. Don't know what to look for. I think it was Dan "BigDH2000" who showed this method here somewhere. But as I said: there are many ways. Not long ago Bill Hayes showed another nice way using tubes:

Shadowfox and cbates55 like this.
  5. cbates55

cbates55 New Member

Yea I saw a YouTube video that showed what you just explained.

6. Shadowfox

Shadowfox New Member

well i didnt see that one so thanks seppman! think il try that out at some point

7. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Tried constrictor attachments in the early days, it works but not nearly as good as wrap and tuck.

8. Shadowfox

Shadowfox New Member

I think one of the things makes constrictor knots so practical to use on catapults is the rubber they are tying is trying to return to its normal state and helps lock constrictor knotts up, so if you are determined try it you might wanna fix some rubber round the forks first to facilitate that effect! Possibly slip a cm of cut of tube over them if they aren’t too wide!