The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted something compact yet ergonomic and stout enough to put some serious bands on. Right now it's got double TBG, and seems to really like .50cal lead balls.
Hope you like it!

Attachments

·
835 Posts
Nice work,there is no way that is going to break.

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
Don't get me wrong here: you did a great job on that shooter. I especially like the shape of the handle. But now comes the but: I really don't like plywood. Nice for constructing, but in my opinion, it's ugly! :)
The plywood, not the shooter!

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
I'm just startin out...I'll progress to other materials eventually.
Never mind. It's just me. There are many many people out there who love plywood. And this even looks like good quality stuff that many people can't get. Aslong as you like it, everything is fine! :)
Keep on rockin!

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whew! I was just getting ready to harvest one of my Dogs' leg bones for my next project. I'm glad you stopped me...:D

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know how did I miss this one. Great work D! I don't see a reason for not entering the GST, plUs you have plenty of time to push up your slingshot making skills if you feel that you need to do so!
Thanks for the positive words! I don't feel ready to provide a worthy trade with you guys yet. I'll have fun watching it all go down though. I'll jump in on one in the future. I do have lots of Ideas that should come into fruition in the not-so-distant future...

·
Thread Hijacker
3,375 Posts
Hey, great work and a great design too! The various layers in carved multiplex always really appeals to me. Very nice stuff!

·
Natural Slingshots Enthusiast
848 Posts
Thanks for the positive words! I don't feel ready to provide a worthy trade with you guys yet. I'll have fun watching it all go down though. I'll jump in on one in the future. I do have lots of Ideas that should come into fruition in the not-so-distant future...
Well, a Christmas GST will be on by October, I think....
Take care!

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, a Christmas GST will be on by October, I think....
Take care!
You guys all seem like a quality bunch. I look forward to participating in the Christmas GST. I'm gettin' some more tools tomorrow, so I should be crankin' out some more shooters soon. I'm already on the hunt for some natural forks on my walks...

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, great work and a great design too! The various layers in carved multiplex always really appeals to me. Very nice stuff!
Thanks! I got a bad fork hit on it yesterday with .50 cal steel, so I gotta fix it ('twas painful).

·
Thread Hijacker
3,375 Posts
Thanks! I got a bad fork hit on it yesterday with .50 cal steel, so I gotta fix it ('twas painful).
Ok, check it out. You can probably remove the dent in the fork arm. Place a wet paper towel atop the area and hit it with a hot clothes iron. Watch that dent spring back!
Then just sand it down again. Simple fix!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts