Comercial band sets

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by ABH, Feb 14, 2013.

1. ABH

ABH New Member

Hi, I have seen trumark bandsets and there basic attachment to pouch method is by having a small hole on the tube and then doing a sort of slip knot, but I think a hole in the bands just cant be good, so will this attachment shorten de bands life? And also the fork attachment of most tubular banded comercial slingshots which is the one when the alcohol makes the band slip on to a surface 150 or 250 percent bigger, will this attachment without a rotatory system will shorten band life? And also, how can you make symetric pouches in mass production with not much expensive tools? (Only if possible)

2. ABH

ABH New Member

Sorry for so much asking... :S

3. DaveSteve

DaveSteve New Member

Trumark has 60 years slingshot experience. I believe they know what they are doing.

4. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Trumark uses this method only for the thin, tapered red bands. Which are really weak. They will last a long time and the attachment isn't the problem. <br><br>For the thicker yellow and black type, they use plastic parts that are attached to the leather, and slip the tubes onto those parts.

5. ABH

ABH New Member

So will it be bad for thicker bands?

6. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

It is most important that the hole is punched in a perfectly clean way. The slightest nick will cause tearings. Hard to punch that cleanly through thick tube.<br><br>Also, you have to force the tube through that hole. Rubber puts up a huge amount of friction, and it is easy to damage the tube surface. <br><br>All in all, I don't recommend the method for thicker tubes. The Knot-in-Tube method with the constrictor knot is far superior, and looks very clean, too.

7. ABH

ABH New Member

Have you post any videos or pdf of how to do the knot in tube method? I usualy ty the tubes with a constrictor knot but is that the method? Or its different from simply ting a constrictor knoe?

8. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

This video has the answer (sorry for the German audio), watch from 4:14 onwards!<br><br><embed pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Miqqm4qoOU8" width="425" height="350" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" quality="high" scale="exactfit"></embed>

9. ABH

ABH New Member

Ok, thanks Joerg!

10. ABH

ABH New Member

Which tubes where those? Thera tube black? Chinese tubing?

11. ABH

ABH New Member

I have already done this attachment, works great!