Cobra slingshot+ heavy pull bands

Discussion in 'Zombie / Prepping related stuff' started by cobra_slingshot_user, Feb 2, 2014.

1. cobra_slingshot_user

cobra_slingshot_user New Member

I have a cobra slingshot and the magnum band's that came with it broke. If anyone has tried it is this slingshot any good with heavy pull bands. Being as heavy and big as the cobra is I would assume they would fit, and work well but just need someone to help me out with any experiences you've had.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Slingshot Forum mobile app

2. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

The magnum is the strongest bandset Barnett offer. If you are going for something stronger the only option is to try and see if theratube or similar can be secured to it or to fit flatbands.

As far as strength goes the Barnetts are pretty solid so no worries there and with a wristbrace it doesnt really matter about the drawforce on your wrist. If I was going to go back shooting it I would probably fit flatbands to my Pro Diablo II

3. cobra_slingshot_user

cobra_slingshot_user New Member

Yes I'm aware of the magnum band's being the strongest Barnett offers, but I'm thinking about attaching the black Trumark heavy pull bands do you know if these are just as good or maybe stronger than the magnum band's?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Slingshot Forum mobile app

4. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

5. rupert-the-bastard

rupert-the-bastard New Member

My red barnett magnum bands are ****, use thera band tubes in either blue or black, or even better get a Saunders Falcon2 it's only £17 from merlin archery in england, or $14 from Saunders in the usa. Super accurate flat band wrist braced side shooting sling! Banging!

6. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Great information, thank you very much for the link! double like :) (and agree on draw weight vs power. It's contraction speed that matters for slingshots)

I have shot standard Barnett and standard Trumark RR1 bands. I wasn't much impressed with Barnett, but I haven't chrony'd either. Some testing Joerg did showed barnett had a faster chrony time. Daisy tubes are pretty fast in the chrony tests I've seen, but they're really stiff. Marksman's tubes have a nice, easy pull but don't seem as fast as Trumark or Daisy.

As a rule, any of the commercial American style forks can use any of the commercial American style tubes. You can also tie any sort of elastic onto just about any frame with an African Wrap. The African Wrap seems to have been designed to securely attach clunky square rubber to a natural treefork. Dgui/pfshooter ties his tubes onto the metal prongs on commercial rod frames so he can attach them using less of the tube and getting more live rubber.

The forks by Saunders are good, sturdy shooting platforms, but a bit bulky. Their band attachment clips are second to none in ease of use and have some nice customization options. Their black mamba flatbands are powerful but a bit stiff compared to TBG flats or Trumark tubes. I really like the Saunders pouch, it's lighter than leather and specifically cupped for .50-.56" ammo. I have had some issues with the pouch attachment getting stuck, but I guess Saunders advises using some rubber cement to more securely attach the pouch.