The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Dysfunctional Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Making my second slingshot - gangster style only, bands on top or side.
This is my take on Hathcock sniper with some medieval twist.
Finish is not perfect still work in progress, maybe I should paint it.
What you think?
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Thread Hijacker
3,375 Posts
This is dynamite!! No paint, no paint!
A little polishing and that is perfect!

·
855 Posts
anodizing maybe? no paint!

love that shape, good job!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
very cool design! leave it blank.

somehow i don't like the name of it. i know bill hays named that design. glorifying people that are awesome effective killers of humans leaves a bad taste for me ...

·
Dysfunctional Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for input. Ill try to polish it, but it's aluminum and will scratch easily.
Maybe clear coat will preserve it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

·
Knowledgeable Man
260 Posts
Here's a quick link to a guy anodizing some bike parts.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsXVebkbhqQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsXVebkbhqQ[/ame]

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
thanx captain!

ok, once again it's something time consuming and a bit complicated ...

·
Junior threadjacker ag. J
1,417 Posts
A good metal polish can turn steel to look like silver if you use some hydro chloric acid and add a lot of water (or buy it at a pH very close to 7 being nuteral) I don't know where to get it but it has been proven to work try some lemon juice on a scrap piece of metal and check the results and maybe use that because it is at a pH of 5 or something decent like that but nice sling as I have said :)

J

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
A good metal polish can turn steel to look like silver if you use some hydro chloric acid and add a lot of water (or buy it at a pH very close to 7 being nuteral) I don't know where to get it but it has been proven to work try some lemon juice on a scrap piece of metal and check the results and maybe use that because it is at a pH of 5 or something decent like that but nice sling as I have said :)

J
useful hints for shiny steel blades and steel frames! does it work on aluminium too?

·
Junior threadjacker ag. J
1,417 Posts
Yes I think it does because if the hydro chloric acid is close to 7 being neutral it will make it more shiny but I don't know the science being it soz XD

J

Ps it will work :3

1 - 20 of 45 Posts