Chubby

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Bushmaster, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

Well I hadn't made a slingshot for 55 years, and then I discovered the Slingshot Channel. After watching all the videos on YouTube, I spent hours studying your postings and got very enthused.
    A friend gave me some firewood and amongst it was a large fork that looked challenging. I sawed it and split it and rasped it and sanded it until it fit my hand. When I put lindseed oil on it the color went from dirty white to ugly yellow. I've sent away for bands (I used inner tubes for the last one) and we'll see how that goes when they get here. I'm new here but one thing a lot of you don't know yet is that slingshots are a comfort to you in old age! Here is my humble attempt to give it a shot!

Attached Files:

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Very nice work.

3. pelleteer

pelleteer Middle Aged Delinquent

Beats the hell out of my first few attempts. :eek::D Very nice work, and an interesting piece of wood for sure. Two thumbs up from me. :cool:

4. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

You kids are most kind. Thanks!

5. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

That Looks Good Hoss!

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Doesn't look ugly yellow to me, rather it looks really nice. I like your design, a nice piece of work.

7. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

That is just truly beautiful

J

8. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Very nice! Beautiful grain! I like the curves and style! Modern and classic!

9. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

10. MountainStorm

MountainStorm Termite

From firewood to a well loved piece of functional art. You've done that piece of Ash (?) a true service. As an old cob I have to agree there is something about sling shots I really find comforting...

11. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Not ugly, it has "Character"!

Life has been hard to it, and it shows, but it struggled on, and even in death, it leaves behind something to be admired, respected.

That is a good life lesson in my book.

Keep it and shoot it for now, if you get a chance perhaps pass it on to a teenager. Or even better show that teenager how you built this one.

12. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

hes not chubby... hes a little husky

[​IMG]

13. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

That has a great shape to it. I like the coloring, too.
    When your rubber arrives, it may make your inner tubes envious(and obsolete):)

I've had lots of fun with some neoprene scraps, but when the TBG got here there was no turning back.

14. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

here we go!

Hey Bushmaster,

I don´t know you yet, but i fell like saying that we´re glad you finally arrived!-
    You seem to belong here!- At least that´s what your beautiful shooter proves! :) - welcome abord!

Greetings to you,
    PHP:
    Be

15. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?