Cheap websites to buy Steel ammo?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by jnmbhj, Jan 31, 2014.

Tags:
  1. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

I am looking to buy some 1/2" steel balls for my slingshot. But I am not sure which one is cheapest.

Is there like an elite store for slingshots and ammo where I can buy materials and supplies for cheaper than other places?

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

That's the kind of thing you really need to shop around for. You can get 1/2" steel from Simple-Shot, but, with shipping it won't be the cheapest source. Ebay is usually the best place to look - look for vendors that offer free or low cost shipping. The problem is that listings are inconsistent, so you just need to poke around, vary your search terms (don't use 'slingshot ammo' as a search term, that usually jacks the price up). Use words like 'steel ball bearings' as an example. I have yet to find any vendor that could beat what I could find on Ebay.

3. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

SimpleShot. Reputable and excellent customer service.

4. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

Got 100pcs for $15 shipped from Amazon. Currently not in stock but once in while you will them at this price or maybe lower. Cheers!

[​IMG]

5. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

https://www.theslingshotforum.com/f4/cheap-ammo-29908/

If you know any mechanics, they might be able to set you up. Plain carbon steel grinding balls are cheaper than chrome steel ball bearings. I have more luck searching for "bearing balls" than "ball bearings". Ball bearings, as a search term, tends to get me gadgets that have ball bearings built into them rather than just the metal spheres I want. If you find a good source, please share and I'll update my list.

6. egmont

egmont Slingshot General

Try Google for 10 min. it wil help you!