Cheap diy Carbon arrows

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Dangerfield, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Dangerfield

Dangerfield Australia

2. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

I'd be interested to see what you turn out, I looked into it but don't have the confidence to do the fletching.

I ended up ordering some off of eBay from china, I had previously bought a bow from a particular seller and it came with some nice wooden arrows. so I figured I'd give them a go.

If you click HERE they are the arrow I have just ordered, removable tip so you can fit field points or broadheads and turkey feather fletching.

for a dozen it works out to $7.50 an arrow, so thats nearly half price right there. It could be chaeper than trying to make them! at the very least its a backup option for you.

3. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

Hiya, dont Know hot it is where you live, but here i can get carbon arrows for 6 euros, what is around 8 Dollars. So if you are in the States, you should be able to get them cheaper as 14. For 8 dollars per arrow you wont be much cheaper by building them by yourself.

4. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

6 euros!!, man thats cheap. The prices for most things here in Australia are a lot higher than anywhere else I've found. Once you take into account import taxes and wholesale markups and numerous other things, a simple $10 item in the US can become a $30-$40 item in Australia.

Any wonder so many people buy things on the internet!

5. Otees

Otees Another Member

Yeah everything is expensive in Australia!! But good luck making those arrows.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I'm interested in seeing how they turn out.

7. Dangerfield

Dangerfield Australia

That's a good price. I wonder what thread the inserts are? Please let me know when you have found out:)

8. Dangerfield

Dangerfield Australia

I will let you's know when I have tested them with this. https://www.theslingshotforum.com/f6/new-way-draw-31041/

Today I hit a 1 inch wooden stake 3 times in a row at 60ft. 3 out of 4 shots ain't bad:) Power wise it has penetrated half an arrows length and split the hell out of the stake.

Rabbits be beware:D

The lucky country. What a joke.....We are Ripped off.

Thanks for looking and commenting
    Dave

9. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

I don't know much about the advantages in using carbon arrows. There is good stability. But allways thought that lightweight ammo has lacks in power and range.

Are wooden arrows or GRP (GFK in german) nearly same effective and durable?

10. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

The threads should be the standard 8/32 broadhead threading ( I've never seen any mass produced broadhead with a different thread), a buddy of mine bought the broadheads they used on the arrows and they fit his easton arrows no problems.

11. Dangerfield

Dangerfield Australia

You are spot on regarding the the power. At the moment I am shooting Expedition hunters "7595" they weigh in at 30g and I am happy with trajectory and the penetration.

If I can I would like to use that weight arrow without the high price.

Cheers Dave..

12. Dangerfield

Dangerfield Australia

Cheers Ob1 Thats good to know, I have been searching for that answer for a few days now. Thank you very much.

I still want to have a crack at building my own though.
    We are the "Bunny Busters"
    Here is my hunting partner, Meat Nippy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  13. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Nippy eh! Very apt for a Ferret! they can be vicious little buggers.

My Grandad used to use ferrets when I was a kid, could never get near the blighters. and they had a tendency to stay down in the rabbit holes and have themselves a good feed and we would have to dig them out.

Ah memories!

14. Dangerfield

Dangerfield Australia

They can be nasty little bastards Ob. Nippy would lick you to death before Nipping. He is a fantastic pet and I would say that he is more loyal than my dog;) Shoot the Dog yeah...
    Nah because they are good friends and hunt well together. What Rabbits do slip the nets the dog catches:)
    He is a PB x Stag hound.

shhh.

15. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

sounds like you've got it made with those two then, my dogs would just watch the rabbits run off.

16. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

That is a cutey :) do they have them here? In Germany? Lol it's my brothers cat anywho

J

17. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

I'm pretty sure they have ferrets in Germany xXdoomXx, it wouldn't be too hard to find a breeder

18. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

My father-in-law had five of them, two ravens and a dog. Very engaged...