Challenges for 2014

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by JimRhodo, Dec 21, 2013.

1. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

The Newbie Challenge
    10-20 shots per day for 28 days at the same target from the same distance using the same slingshot and ammo until you've achieved 80% accuracy.

The who can Tell? Challenge :
    Knock an apple off your sons head with one shot.

The Robin Hood Challenge.
    Let your friend score a bull's eye at a competition distance and then put your shot in the same entry hole

The Hey Diddle Diddle Challenge:
    Shoot your next one over the moon.

Poor Cock Robin or The Sparrow Challenge.
    Hit something bright red the size of a tomato with your sling and ammo. (This is referring to an English poem for children not a suggestion to shoot robins).

Bill Hays Challenge
    Slice a standard playing card down the middle edge to edge with a sling-shot using 3/8" (9.5mm) steel ammo from over 43 yards away (39-40m). With three bearings. And a 40mph gusting wind. You may wish to practise the Hey Diddle Diddle Challenge first.

Post your challenges with suitable titles.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  2. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

The One Hour Slingshot Challenge
    This will be run again with better rules and prizes in 2014! Still simple, build and band up a slingshot in one hour. Prove it with timestamped pictures or even better, a video. Prize will be given to the slingshot voted best by forum members.

3. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Newbie Challenge part 2

Day 1 Week 1 (Sat)

5cm target at 5m. (2" at 16.4'). 10 x 16mm glass marbles. Chinese style double looped tubes

Result: H:7,G:2,0:7.
    Accuracy: 38%
    Because my groups are getting tighter I'm now shattering marbles all the time that's why I only had time for 18 shots.

I'm now getting 2cm and 1cm bulls eyes.

I would like a cleaner rounder puncture of the target as I can't always decipher the ragged holes I've got left.

Anyhow I find myself "in the zone" for a few seconds from time to time and its a fantastic place to be.

Attached Files:

4. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Some kind of quick-draw challenge?
    Slingshot and two balls in a pouch, get the SS out and fire 2 shots in 5sec.

5. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Quick draw

I like it. It would make a good short video but if it was quick draw there would have to be a target too

Are you thinking Cowboy Western quick draw? Suitable hats may be necessary :D

6. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

+a dead scrub, out on the street and [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we53TOJyt78"]the right music[/ame]:)

7. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

For the quick-shot, you could set up 5 cans on a board and time how long it takes to knock off all 5 cans. Bonus to the person that does it with the fewest number of shots.

I like all the challenge suggestions.

8. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Someone needs to break my record in 2014, so I can break his one again :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAwTfAMHCG0[/ame]

9. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Supersonic slingshot ammo?

10. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Quick Draw

Quick draw looks promising. Standard distance or according to ability? Check plaid shirts? Like the music. Haunting. There is of course a similar world record of 12 cans in a minute by Marco Brunetti in 2012 but I don't know the distance. I think we're looking at inspiration and fun rather than the Guinness book of records.

The Dolomite Challenge:
    Golf tee at 7m. Correct me if I'm wrong and bravo Dolomite.

11. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Spiel Mir das Lied vom Tod

The above tune. Is that something like play me the song of Death?

12. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Here's some other ideas-

The Obama Challenge.
    Force everyone to have a slingshot and spend billions of dollars teaching people how not to use it.

The Ford Challenge.
    Be 10 years behind every other slingshot technology and still hit things.

The Mozambique Challenge.
    Shoot millions of steel balls without a slingshot.

The Prince William Challenge.
    Just be a target.

The Italian Army Challenge.
    Shoot once, miss, then drop your slingshot and run.

The Rio De Janiero Challenge.
    Shoot at bicyclists from a helicopter.

-Wild Bill

13. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Correction on that 12 cans in a minute record. MJ from SSF beat that with 13 at East Coast Slingshot Tournament this year.

14. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Wow. Unlucky for Marco. He'll have his work cut out getting that record back. By the way, do you know what distance?

15. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Ssf

Thanks Ravensbull. The SSF was really interesting. For anyone interested in the official Guinness Records:

GUIDELINES FOR ‘MOST CANS HIT WITH A SLINGSHOT IN ONE MINUTE’
    1. Only regular slingshots that can fire one shot before they have to be reloaded are acceptable for the record.
    2. The distance for the shot is 10 metres. This distance must be clearly marked on the ground.
    3. The cans should be lined up on a table on the far end of the area. The cans
    must be free standing and may not be fixed to the surface in any way.
    4. The contestant must stand behind the line marked on the ground.
    5. After a given signal, the contestant starts shooting at the cans one by one.
    6. Only cans that have been hit before the minute is up will count towards the
    total.
    7. Only direct hits count. If one can falls over because it was hit by another falling
    can it will not count towards the total.
    8. If the contestant steps over the line the attempt is over.
    9. The projectiles must be metal balls with a diameter between 0.6 and 16 mm
    (0.02 to 0.63 in).
    10. The size of the cans must be 330ml.
    11. The distance between the cans must be at least 20 cm.
    12. The cans must be lined up in a row, i.e. they must all be in a straight line, at the specified distance apart, exactly 10 metres away from the line.

16. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Hey, Jim... Never take yourself too seriously. It can cause migraines.

-Wild Bill

17. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

They sure are impressive records though! I have seen all the specs before and it's cool that you posted them here. I considered setting it up to try practicing just for fun last summer but never did. I think for the speed of reloading your best off to use a quick to reload, single or looped tube rig that doesn't ever tangle.

18. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

The David Challenge

Elevated target approximately 3 metres up. Five attempts but top prizes for one shot. If using soda can it must be pierced. Top prize daughter of the king. Obviously on a first come first served basis.

19. Skorps

Skorps Senior Member

Hahaha we german know what you mean!! Lol

20. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Is she cute?