Cedar/Hickory Laminate

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Drew_Bilbrey, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Drew_Bilbrey

Drew_Bilbrey Drew Bilbrey

This is my 6th slingshot. I made it for a coworker. It's a lot like my last one except I used hickory instead of oak. Gave it to him this morning and he seemed happy with it. It was hard to hand it over though after I'd made it. Lol. Hope he enjoys it.

Attached Files:

2. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

nice work, seems a bit pink in the first pic... is that just the light?

3. Drew_Bilbrey

I actually meant to put a note about that. Yes the lighting is different in the 2 pictures. I would have preferred natural lighting but it's kind of a cloudy gloomy day today.

4. Can-Opener

Can-Opener New Member

5. LloydLupfer

LloydLupfer Is Awesome!!!!

Looks awesome! I'm sure your co-worker will enjoy it. I know it is hard to give up one of your babies isn't it? lol

6. Drew_Bilbrey

It sure is. I'm working on one for another guy right now. I think I'm liking how it's turning out a bit too much. Lol

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  7. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

8. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

That is very nice! I like the cross-grain lamination. When I first seen the purple/pink I thought of the heartwood of certain Lilac species.

9. LloydLupfer

LloydLupfer Is Awesome!!!!

It sucks because you want to do your best work all the time but the problem with that is your best work keeps getting better and better. lol It is a never ending conundrum. To give your best work away? or to keep it for yourself?:D

P.S. I would love to see a pic of the new one :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  10. Drew_Bilbrey

In due time. Lol. :) Got started on it last night. It's a natural fork and I'm still getting it shaped.

11. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

I quite like the pink look! Very nice work, everyone should have a co-worker like you! :)