Cedar Buck 110

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by Bighaze51, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Bighaze51

Bighaze51 Professional Amateur Dude

I thought I'd share this with y'all. I did this knife up for my cousin who works in oil fields in North Dakota. Its a 2013 110 that I bought earlier this year that I attempted to mod the scales and was never happy with. So I popped them off and put some cedar on it. This also wasn't originally a finger grooved model. I did that with a belt sander. He's gonna be stoked about this one. Everyone should have a 110!

This pic is before polishing
    [​IMG]

And this is it done-zo
    [​IMG]

2. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Injust!- no likes for you, so far!??

Hey big one,

this is perfect-
    guess that´s why the pics don´t seem to show
    anything but a purchased knife ;)

They´re all wrong!- And you did a pretty awesome job on
    that -now- beautiful knife!

respect, best regards!

Be

3. Bighaze51

Thanks Be! I'm almost tempted to do another one for me now! It smells good too

4. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Very nice job! Yes,the 110 is the real deal of buck knives! He should certainly be stoked..! I still have my now past on father's original model that is possibly older than me. Being that the lock tang is broken, i've been wanting to get it fixed but all the corporation wanted to do was a replacement...

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I do not have a Buck knife, it looks like I'll need to remedy that situation. Really nice work on those scales, it's hard to tell they weren't part of the original knife. Very well done.

6. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Yes indeed! A great model from Buck!
    That cedar wood looks awesome on there, and it has a great feel in the hand, I'm sure!
    Very nice work, your friend is going to spend many years using this!

7. Bighaze51

If you talk/email Joe Houser directly at Buck and tell him of the sentimental value, I'm sure they can fix it. If the blade itself is in good condition, they can just replace the lockbar. The folks at Buck are really great people to deal with. I sent in an old 2dot 112 with a worn out blade and they replaced the blade. It wasn't the 440c steel but the modern 420HC. It's pretty good stuff

8. Bighaze51

Thank you all for the kind words. This knife was my baby for a while but I got a 2dot 110 from around 1979 or 80 with the 440C steel and it is a tank. Here it is with my wet formed wheat I made a while back. The sheath is starting to show some wear but it's holding up nicely.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Hey a BIG THANKS to you on that heads-up! It is most certainly something i will do! I'm the one who actually broke it doing an "idiot" move when i was much younger that i am much too ashamed to admit now... But it was while using it on my first 8-pointer! Or i guess what i strongly consider now "abusing" it... Thanks again though for sure!!!

10. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

That sheath is very cool! The knife i have is i believe the same as your gem there too. They are truely Tanks and that steel is awesome. Back when i used mine i could field dress,skin,quarter up and bone out a deer and still shave hair off my arm. That is if i didn't scrape much bone.

11. Bighaze51

Thank you, I like this sheath too. The factory sheaths are kinda bulky and this one is a lot easier to get the knife in and out of.