catchbox inhabitant

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Arturo Borquez, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

Cheers
    Arturo

Attached Files:

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

That would have been painful to accidentally grab!!

3. zwillie

zwillie New Member

:eek: Didn`t he pay the rent?

4. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Don´t be affraid!

Arturo,

don´t be alarmed!- That´s just a drone!
    (generation 3.0) carrying a little chrony,
    camera and mic!- I noticed myself that,
    since that we-spy-anything puppet-theatre
    of the NSA and all that blew up and everybody
    knows now:

Guess what: Never before we encountered that
    many Wasps as in this years summer!- Just
    AFTER all that came out!.. Yep, those are spying
    anything with their cameras! M´serious!

In your case the problem is that you never miss!
    And that´s what makes them jealous, for sure.
    They plan to implement your skills into drones of
    the 5th generation.

The only way to stop them is to willingly miss at
    least every 100th shot, wearing an aluminum hat
    whilst shooting, so they won´t know you WANT to miss.

M´sorry!

Be ;)

5. Arturo Borquez

here is the land of the ALACRAN LOL !, yes more painful than a bee sting ! fortunately these native specimens aren't deadly for humans ... unfortunately there is also an hybrid (the black one) due irresponsible introduction of a Mexican scorpion very poisonous which can easily kill a baby or a pet
    needs much care to grab the balls, I've got "vaccinated" a couple of times LOL !
    Cheers
    Arturo

6. Arturo Borquez

ha LOL ! could be if not yet, anyway whatever they are I grant to headquarters guys a sudden transmission interruption LOL !

7. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Yeesh! The only Scorpions I like feature Klaus Meine as a lead singer ;) I doubt you'd find them in your catchbox. Thankfully the scorpions we have in Oregon tend to be found only in the more dessert-like areas of the state, not in my area. That said, we do have to watch for them when we're in those areas - they like to crawl into shoes. How you can hold that in your hand is beyond me :eek:

8. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

One of the reasons I'd rather not live in a desert area.

9. Arturo Borquez

this are nocturne creatures, during day they hide below or inside rock cavities, unfortunately for this guy he choose to rest between backstop folds and received a shoot shock ... anyway desert here is quite healthy only this bad guy and a spider (Loxosceles laeta) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilean_recluse_spider
    Cheers
    Arturo

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  10. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Loxosceles...the "brown spider". we have a lot around here. and also Phoneutria, the "armadeira", jumping spider. AND THE YELLOW BRAZILIAN SCORPION, Titus serrulatus.
    I love creepy creatures. In medical college I was known as the best identifier of poisonous bites ever. Even the chief of emergency used to call me ti see a spider or snake! (good times....I'm feeling old.)

11. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Our most dangerous is the Brown Recluse and the Black Widow. That and we have rattlesnakes too. Other than that, we're a fairly safe place to be.

12. pelleteer

pelleteer Middle Aged Delinquent

Yep, we've got a bunch of creepy characters here in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona: scorpions, a dozen varieties of rattlesnake, Coral snakes, Recluses, Widows, Gila Monsters (a venomous reptile). You name it, we've got it. Surprisingly I've only ever found one scorpion in the house and only been stung once (EXTREMELY painful, but didn't make me sick or anything). Over the years of hunting and hiking, I've run across several rattlers. They tend not to start rattling until you're right up on them, unfortunately. Fortunately, I always carry a revolver with snake shot when I'm out on the desert.

13. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

That is why I live in Northern Utah...

14. Arturo Borquez

in the past was never reported a death due the native alacran but the hybrid is much more dangerous despite very low interaction with humans, the loxoceles is quite more dangerous, my wife got a bite over her calf, turned black several month and an ugly scar ... ha LOL doc I would not like to be alone in the deep amazonas !! I am a coward !! LOL
    Cheers
    Arturo

15. Arturo Borquez

today grabbed this little one alive ... maybe the moisture trapped by the backstop, darkness and warmth ??? catchbox attraction LOL ! definitely I will need to be careful, seems plenty of them around ...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0rle8LKjjI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0rle8LKjjI[/ame]
    Cheers
    Arturo
    PS returned to the garden to let it live it's fate

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  16. dolomite

dolomite Banned

17. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Ha Arturo, couldn't be the most intelligent specimen looking for shelter in YOUR catch box LOL. Fortunately we don't have these kind of insects in Germany..:eek:

18. Brazilviking

19. Brazilviking

Actually....scorpions are arachnids. Subclass of Scorpionids. They can survive a nuclear apocalypse together with cochroaches.:eek:

Sorry to correct you!

20. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Lots of Black Widow spiders around my house back home. I was bitten in the back of the neck a few years ago (a very bad experience), so now I am extremely cautious when reaching into my catch box. I never want a repeat!