Cardboard weapons

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Mohnstrudel25, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Mohnstrudel25

Mohnstrudel25 New Member

[​IMG]Since some of you seemed to be interested in my cardboard creations, i wanted to show you another crossbow i made just 2 weeks ago.

It is also just made from cardboard(1.2kilos) and glue and powered by 16 office rubber bands.
    It shoots self made wooden arrows with 2 three inch nails attached to the front.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Video: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqcXFPPW9-I[/ame]

I hope you like it :)

2. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

That thing looks like fun to shoot. It does seem very rigid and solid in the video.

Nice work.

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Great work! Very consistent and reliable, and as Slagskimmer Mike said above, it does look very solid. Impressive work, thank you for sharing it!

4. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

Nice work and good use of simple materials. Thanks for sharing.

5. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

A rather imposing weapon made from cardboard and office bands. I kinda felt sorry for the poor melons. :p

Good video demo too!

6. Mohnstrudel25

Mohnstrudel25 New Member

Thank you very much.
    very cool to see that you like it, maybe some ideas for improvement anybody, besides stronger rubber? (i am pretty new to this kind of "weapons").

and yes it is very strong, it took my entire whight when i was standing on it for a test. (but i think it´s the glue thats gives it that toughness).