Cardboard-Mockup of my new project

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by FIAAO, Apr 28, 2013.

1. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

I wanted to make a foldable, compact, (awesome) slingshot crossbow... so I went designing! To be on the safe side I made a mock-up from cardboard:

Folded, unfolded and in comparison to my Bullpup. It will be made out of thin multiplex, 9 or 12 mm, as soon as I get my hands on some. It´s smaller than an A4 paper and could fit in any womans handbag, or in the pocket of a man with big pockets... :)

The real weapon will also feature a special lock, detachable fronthandle and bipod and ability to pre-load a shot. I want to paint it stealth-black, Tiger-orange with black stripes, or Forest-camo...

What do you think? :)

Attached Files:

2. jt-1911

jt-1911 Senior Member ProPlatinum

Go ahead, yesterday I bought some 18 mm and 9mm multiplex, but i couldn't think about what to do with it, but this may be a good idea, i`ll let this go through my head :)

Ps. WHat are you multiplex prices? I got 2 square meters of 18mm for 8,90 Euros!

3. FIAAO

JT: I do not really know the exact prices, as most of the material I have been using lately I already had at home. Leftovers from when we rebuilt our barn many years ago... But one thing is for sure, and that is that I will not get 2 m square for that price. I dont think my local hardware-store carries 18/19 mm thick ply/multiplex at all, actually... :eek: But when I go shopping, I´ll find out. I´ll tell you :)

4. Tyson

Tyson Senior Member

looks interessting, i only wonder how you gonna do the trigger part.

5. FIAAO

Tyson: You see the hook? The trigger hooks onto that when you unfold it. When you pull the trigger it pulls the hook and highers the ladle, just as on the Bullpup but with Wood instead of string.

6. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Interesting! Cant wait to see it done!

7. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

8. BrPio

BrPio .

Nice, Oh, you got to do it. As far as the black goes, I'v allways been quite fond of a classic flat black(you should see my car).

9. jt-1911

jt-1911 Senior Member ProPlatinum

Hey when you are building it, could you take a picture of the internals? I mean how the sear and trigger etc sit in place?
    Chhers JT :)

10. orgazmosis

orgazmosis Junior Member

11. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Sounds like a cool weapon. Did you start it already?