can't shoot straight !

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by big Paul, May 21, 2012.

1. big Paul

big Paul New Member

Hi guys I'm constantly shooting left ,hitting the left fork any ideas , was shooting ok for the last few weeks but today , just constantly hitting the left fork ?

2. zamarion

zamarion New Member

hmmm maybe its the way you grab your ammo and you should make sure the bands are not twisted and that the pouch and the slingshot are level when you shoot so holding the slingshot like this and the ammo like this <==| instead of<== ( hope you get it XD)

3. DaveSteve

DaveSteve New Member

zamarion got it right. This is my opinion too. Nice graphic<==|<br><br>Try to get another person watch you and observe your shooting. Or use a mirror to determine if you hold the slingshot straight.<br><br>Another reason could be that the band/tubes don't pull the same. I mean it can be that one side is weaker than the other. <br><br>What slingshot do you have?

4. OzzyOsborne

OzzyOsborne New Member

- film yourself on your smartphone or digital camera... you'll see clearly where you've picked up a bad habit. I have to mentally remember to 'twist' my wrist a fraction forward to line up correctly... (I shoot from the side, gangsta style) it's not a 'natural' position for me to 'twist' but I definately shoot better if I adjust! (I could see it in the mirror) I've thought about making a slingshot with a shorter bottom arm, but prefer to 'adjust' my aim, otherwise every 'standard' slingshot I use will be wrong!

5. pelleteer

pelleteer Middle Aged Delinquent

Yep, sounds like either a canting or release issue. It took me a long time to develop a decent release where I just slightly ease the pressure of my fingers on the pouch until it slips through them, rather than letting go all at once. I also follow through, i.e., I keep my release hand in the same spot for a second or two after releasing the pouch, rather than immedeately dropping it.

6. big Paul

big Paul New Member

Thanks guys don't think it's my release as iv shot long bows most of my life , but I could be canting without realising , my catapult is a highland black hunter it's a beauty

7. big Paul

big Paul New Member

Cheers guys all sorted today just looked in the mirror whilst pulling back , hitting cans out to 15yards

8. cbsmith111

cbsmith111 New Member

It is weird how it works. For a long time I shot WAY high. I found that in order for my fork to be on plane it has to look to me like it is tilted way forward...if that makes any sense.

9. big Paul

big Paul New Member

Yes it's a where one , I seem to hit without aiming if I aim it all goes tits up

10. dgui

dgui New Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td><span class="genmed"><b>cbsmith111 wrote:</b></span></td></tr>
    <tr><td class="quote">It is weird how it works. For a long time I shot WAY high. I found that in order for my fork to be on plane it has to look to me like it is tilted way forward...if that makes any sense.</td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br><br>I always point towards the target with the forks, it works.</span>

11. ketansa

ketansa New Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
    <tr><td><span class="genmed"><b>big Paul wrote:</b></span></td></tr>
    <tr><td class="quote">Hi guys I'm constantly shooting left ,hitting the left fork any ideas , was shooting ok for the last few weeks but today , just constantly hitting the left fork ? </td></tr>
    </table>
    <span class="postbody"><br><br>I have made a surprise for this same problem. Created a new No fork hit' design. Still working on it. Will make a post in the 'Show off your homemades' section tomorrow.</span>

12. big Paul

big Paul New Member

Shooting really well now cheers guys