Cane with blade...

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by tokSick, Jul 29, 2013.

1. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi everyone,
    I was at a jumble sale yesterday and i bought this cane for 30 euro.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The blade in it is probably not a good one, the edges are not sharpened but that' s ok. One more project on my to-do...

2. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

3. Schultz

Schultz New Member

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Very nice. I aways wanted one of those!!!

5. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

I had one some time ago but i gave it to a friend. But this one is so cool with that pirate skull in the handle. The guy there had a lot of cool knives, swords, nunchakus, ... but i didn' t have a lot of money:(

6. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I can see you with this, for sure! That would be a great look:D
    Great find!

7. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

Very cool find that. What plans have you got for it?

8. Xanthos

Xanthos Nobody

In Germany, there would be a problem with the Swordstick.
    He falls under the weapon law!
    Hidden weapons
    Also the nunchkus!
    You could cry sometimes what so everything not allowed in Germany!

X

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  9. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

wanted to mention it but pinched it. i'm not sure, if it's illegal in austria too since knives are also not regulated under the weapon law. but in case of a hidden, double edged weapon??

10. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is a curiosity for the wall. The reason that the blade is not sharpened is that it is classified as a stiletto. Made to stab.
    Nice lookin' tho.

11. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

I don' t know what i' ll do with it yet, maybe a longer blade!?

Hi X,
    Same thing here. I can have it but i can' t go outside with it.

12. Interesting, i always thought it was illegal to buy and sell weapons classed as "prohibited" here.

Fascinating, i thought it was illegal to possess a "prohibited weapon" or a "weapon subject to authorization" without an exemption/license.

Since nunchaku, sword-canes, pepper spray, gas pistols, stun-guns, batons, automatic knives, firearms capable of automatic fire, grenades and land-mines are all classed as "prohibited", which criteria determine what kind of "prohibited weapons" can be kept at home?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  13. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Wow...what a find...what a bargain !! A very nice piece.

I used to collect them years ago but the only one I kept (back in my house in the UK ) was the only sword umbrella I have ever come across. It's an antique and a very well made umbrella as well as concealing a vicious blade

14. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

I don' t really know about the law about the prohibited weapons here. I just asked a policeman about the cane and he told me i can' t walk with it.

I would really like to see your umbrella sword! Sounds cool.

15. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Nunchakus nd batons are ilegal in BElgium too? If I lived there I'd be arrested by now..... I think Brazil is a "law missing" country.....

16. As i already mentioned, the Belgian arms law is extremely prohibitive (even non-irritant marker sprays such as "X-Marker", "Stoppa Spray" and "EveAid" are classed as "prohibited weapons") and contravenes articles 3, 7, 12 and 18 of the universal declaration of human rights.

The law needs to be reformed; less-lethal defense weapons (such as irritant sprays, marker sprays, stun guns, batons and gas guns) and weapons used in the practice of legitimate sports (such as tonfas and nunchakus) need to be removed from the list of "prohibited weapons" asap.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  17. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Very nice find TokSick. If seems that other European countries have as well some weird laws about edged weapons. In Germany it is allowed to carry a knife with a fixed blade of 10 cm , but if you have a foldable one with a lockable blade of 5 cm it is illegal:confused:

Ruthie! Welcome on the forum. Why am I not surprised to hear that you've collected sword sticks? :D I would love to see your sword umbrella! I've never heard of something like that bevore...

18. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

I'd love to see it again myself...but it's up in the attic of my house in the UK...and I have zero desire to visit the UK again, even briefly. I prefer it here. I got this thing long after I had disposed of my swordstick collection. I was browsing in a junk shop when I spotted it in a walking stick stand. It just looked like a very well made Victorian umbrella. Even the fabric was in good condition. It was full length wood with a steel substructure to support the fabric that looked strong enough to withstand a hurricane. Mainly ebony with some inlay it had a brass circlet a few inches down that looked to me very much like a lock. I asked how much. It was only 15 pounds which was reasonable for a nice antique umbrella (quite a few years ago). The proprietor obviously didn't know what he had. I couldn't try the brass lock without him seeing so I gambled and bought it. Twisting the lock revealed an 18" stilleto blade. Perfect! :)