Can someone make this for me???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by XxxFunnymanxxX, Jan 29, 2014.

1. XxxFunnymanxxX

XxxFunnymanxxX New Member

Sadly, i do not have much money or tools to make these fantastic looking slingshots i see on the forums. I would like to make the design in the picture, can anyone in Canada make these rough slingshot blanks for me?

specs
    - width 10cm
    - Height 11cm

Again i dont have much money, that is also why i would prefer only cut out plywood blanks lightly sanded. It will be a little more customizable for me since i do have sand paper and files! I am prepared to order 2 depending on the cost.

here is my email [email protected]
    i do not know how to pm

Attached Files:

2. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

There's no lack of folks who could do so around here. I'd suggest that you first spend some time here, get to know folks and let them get to know you, and I'd wager that something could be done.

-Wild Bill

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^ +1
    Might help to make an introduction as well, if you haven't already.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  4. XxxFunnymanxxX

Right, ok uhhhh. Introduction... I was on Jorges channel looking at his really well made slingshots, i just fell in love. Dam.i didnt know wood can look so good!!!
    Sadly i live in appartment with no possible way of making one. (too loud and messy) Then i tried to buy a wooden one, jeez they sure cost alot!!!

That is why i hope someone here could help me make the blanks and i can still sand it and call it "home made"... Hahaha

5. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I'm not in Canada, but I'd do it for you. It wouldn't be free of course and you'd probably have to wait a little while as I'm in the middle of something for someone else right now

6. WildBill

You live in an apartment? No excuse, Sir. Using no power tools- just rasps and sandpaper, while living on the second floor of an apartment complex, I carved the slingshot pictured below. If you're really serious about making some slingshots, you can find a way even in your circumstance. I know this as a fact, for I lived it. If you're looking to find some very giving person to take advantage of to compensate for laziness and lack of real commitment, then I can say that I'll be on you like stink on sh1t.

-Wild Bill

Attached Files:

7. XxxFunnymanxxX

I am truly humbled but I must insist on at least paying for your supplies and of course shipping. Thank you!!! I thought this type of hospitality only existed among Canadians surely you have proven me wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Slingshot Forum

8. XxxFunnymanxxX

Wild bill I am sorry. But I am not anywhere close to lazy. The design I have in mind needs precise tools, band saw, belt sanders since the edges is a little more precise than just a Y fork. I would like to use this for target shooting, see the sights on the left fork?

9. WildBill

I do appreciate your manner, Sir. At the same time, I also know how folks are here, and I am a bit protective. Yes, I saw the sights- but we do not know you, or your level of expertise. For all we know, this could be a case of someone wanting to run before they have learned to walk. Slingshots have quite a learning curve to master- Just ask Arturo Borquez. And if you really want to start building your own in an apartment, naturals are the way to go. I know Kohlqez, and I know that he's willing to help anyone (bless his soul), but there are times when help is a hindrance. Again, I implore you, spend some time here. Get to know us, and us know you, and then, once we've 'sniffed each other', move forward with your plan in it's still appropriate.

-Wild Bill

10. XxxFunnymanxxX

Sorry I forgot to include this. I guess this could be attached to my introduction. You see my friends actually introduced me to this sport when we bought a Chinese side shooter like this in the picture. That is why I am so dependent on the sights.

I didn't like the wrist brace so instead I bought myself a slingshot like the 2nd picture. But as you can see, not very functional. Hahaha. BTW I highly suggest it, it is a Chinese tube shooter, quite powerful and it's only 10$ and ships worldwide!!! If you need the link from where I got this just ask. Be warned the quality is pretty bad... But 10$ you can't beat it. ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1391054110.936608.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1391054200.519850.jpg

11. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I can't promise it'll look as good as it would if Joerg made it though

12. XxxFunnymanxxX

My friends, they are all commercially made. There is a value you can put on it, however if you make your own it's priceless.

13. WildBill

Be wary of that 2nd shooter. It's not steel, but pot metal anodized with zinc. They are well known for catastrophic failures including snapping forks. More than a few folks here have experienced what happens when shooting with the cheapo Chinese shooters.

-Wild Bill

14. XxxFunnymanxxX

That's alright. I am not that picky, I would like the sides of the fork to be straight edged though. :)

15. XxxFunnymanxxX

Yes wild bill. I have tested mine. (Actually just dropped it) it revealed it was either a aluminum or steel coating. Not sure of internal metal

16. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Most likely zinc alloy....do yourself a favor and scrap that thing. Really they hold the most powerful bands in one moment and in the next you have pieces of a forkarm stuck in places where they do not belong.