Can someone help me with my airbow design????

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by Scout209, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Scout209

Scout209 New Member

Im currently designing my first homemade airbow but i have some doubts.
    #1. Whats the best size for the air resevoir???? 1/2 x 4 inch is ok? Or should be bigger??
    #2. I read that 2219 arrows fit 7.5mm barrels , and 2317 arrows fit 8mm barrels. Any other arrow/ barrel size options???
    #3. Probably the best homemade airbow valve is a ball valve triggered with rubber . But what valve is the second best??? QEV , pressure washer gun , homemade piston valve?

2. Shain77

Shain77 New Member

I went with the wash gun. 5000 psi rated and no delay when the trigger is pulled. there is a guy on Youtube called "Face off" that has a tutorial on how to build a piston QEV.

As to the "Air chamber", if you use a wash gun, the handle is basically a plastic covered pipe. That would make 4 inches of 3/8 pipe plus what ever volume of air you have in all of your connection fittings.

Scout209 likes this.

3. Scout209

Scout209 New Member

I will use a 3000 / 4000psi wash gun . It is possible to unscrew that 3/8 pipe and put something else like a paintball hose???

4. Shain77

Shain77 New Member

It's possible. All the guns I saw were a bit different. Taking it apart when you get it will be the only way to know.

I would stay away from the lower pressure guns (3000 and 3200 psi) from the research I did, they were always to first to leak after only a few shots.