The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I am currently practicing this new slingshot.
HTB1lUNFFVXXXXX9XXXXq6xXFXXX9_resized.jpg

HTB12wRDFVXXXXblXpXXq6xXFXXXa_resized.jpg

HTB1wTlCFVXXXXaAXFXXq6xXFXXXR_resized.jpg
Now it is springloaded by 4 springs and I've been shooting it in horizontal position. Which works fine, when I shoot it by ""just shooting" it .

20150318_140146.jpg
I hope the pic did upload, for the last picture shows a guy that shoot the slingshot vertically like it "shouldt" be done. Ammunition besides the check and then comes the trick.
There's an aiming crosshair inside the metal part that bends inward upon pulling. But I cannot seem to manage a decent shot that way .
It may be my looped tubes are too short and I can't reach my checks.
Or ...maybe anyone knows how to read the shooting diagram.
Any help wouldt be appreciated.
On a side note. ..has anyone seen this kind of slingshot for I couldn't find any on the net.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
It's one of those gimmicky products meant to fool people. It's overly complicated and probably overpriced. And there is no "correct" way to hold a slingshot. Just do what feels right In your hand. :)

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
+1 ^^

hold it how you feel comfortable...

for example, im a pretty decent shot holding a slingshot the traditional way but gangster style (like the guy on the box) i cant shoot to save my life...

a few suggestions: increase band length... the longer the bands, the more speed the ammo has before leaving the pouch... its a preference thing, but i personally consider the cheek the minimum anchor for shooting...

also, that slingshot is very gimmicky... i cant understand how a sight can work if it moves from shot to shot...

practise more and your acuracy will improve... but i would forget about using the crosshairs and find another way to aim that will be more consistant

·
Premium Member
3,609 Posts
what said, only add I think the springs ballista arm may degrade consistency due force mismatch ? introducing a new "variable" ... I haven't seen yet accurate shoots with that device ... any video to watch a demo ?
cheers
Arturo

·
Not very.
6 Posts
JoergS has a video on YouTube titled "How to Weaponize Mousetraps" that shows the combination of springs with slingshot rubber does add velocity. He demonstrates with a chrony.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy13C7ub7Ho&spfreload=10
Never mind the fancy gadget Bizzy is showing above, Joerg's creation is awesome!
Also, this guy, Bill Hays, is amazingly accurate at a distance using the sideways hold, and he is definitely NOT a gangster! (The 'gangster hold' term is for firearms (pistols) and not really applicable to slingshots. Gangsters don't use 'em!)
"Slingshot shooting, easy how to shoot tutorial instruction video the Bill Hays way"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6q6LCexg00&spfreload=10
"How to shoot a slingshot, cut cards with amazing accuracy, a Bill Hays super shooting secret"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaW0BUgeb98&spfreload=10

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
JoergS has a video on YouTube titled "How to Weaponize Mousetraps" that shows the combination of springs with slingshot rubber does add velocity. He demonstrates with a chrony.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy13C7ub7Ho&spfreload=10
Never mind the fancy gadget Bizzy is showing above, Joerg's creation is awesome!
Also, this guy, Bill Hays, is amazingly accurate at a distance using the sideways hold, and he is definitely NOT a gangster! (The 'gangster hold' term is for firearms (pistols) and not really applicable to slingshots. Gangsters don't use 'em!)
"Slingshot shooting, easy how to shoot tutorial instruction video the Bill Hays way"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6q6LCexg00&spfreload=10
"How to shoot a slingshot, cut cards with amazing accuracy, a Bill Hays super shooting secret"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaW0BUgeb98&spfreload=10
:D

Thanks for the links... they brought back memories...

Actually alot of people refer to it as gangster style...

Btw: I really enjoyed reading your post in introduction thread... its always refreshing to know a bit about the person trying to correct my opinion...

Stay safe ;)

·
Not very.
6 Posts
Hmm... an apology to TheDaddy187. The links were suggestions that might be of interest to Bizzy, not trying to correct anyone's opinions. I thought they support your comments. Bill Hays shows how the sideways hold kind of untwists your wrist and arm, which might be more comfortable for some. He demonstrates pulling back past the cheek anchor, as you prefer, uses a different way to aim that Bizzy might find more consistent, he advocates practice, and mentions the term gangster hold, although he doesn't use it himself.
My gangster hold comment was my feeble attempt at mild humor. As Joerg says, slingshots have been the signatory weapon of naughty boys for a very long time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thnx for the links, you guys.
I must admit I love "gimmicky" stuff to try out...(complete slingshot has a automatically starting red dot laser,flashlight and some "Death Star laser" attached) but imo the power gererated by the springs is quite brutal, and for the price I payed I must say it's more than just a gimmick.
I'll test the draw weight of the springs later on and post the results.
Joerg's mousetrap system works with 2 diagonal springs, while mine has 4 springs in horizontal position. Plus I saw Joerg use no armrest...which wouldt make the generated force impossible to control and combine with accuracy.
I'm also gonna try longer bands too.
Ammo velocity is supposedly increased by 20 to 40 % by the springs.

I guess I'll have to make a video showing the slingshot and it's action.
Today I only took 3 shots on cans, 10 meter , resulting in 2 bulls eye hits and one glass marble miss at say 2cm besides the can.
I'll be back.;)

Ps I dropped the gangsters style shooting idea. Better improve the way I am used to shoot instead of of wasting time on a new trick. Besides I need some time to make my own handcrafted slingshots. :)

·
Not very.
6 Posts
Well said, Bizzy! I also will be taking their advise, they are voices of experience. Please share your learning and experiments. Get a chronograph, maybe? Seems like five things are what it's all about: beauty, velocity, draw force, mass of projectile, and accuracy. Also practice. Six things. Seems like six things. There is an understandable focus on handcrafted works of art and function here, how to entertain with insight, skill, wood and rubber. Many might also appreciate exposure to some of the latest gadgets. "The gadgets of today may become the standards of tomorrow." (Galileo)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Odorsey, I love how you start your list of what it's all about...beauty.
And besides the exchange of ideas to improve accuracy I love the sight of my toy.;]
sl1.jpg
sl2.jpg

Today i tested the total pull-strength of the springsection alone, and on maximum stretch for which I use it, it pulled 10 kilograms.
Now my Chinese isn't that good anymore, but the initial info stated that velocity of the projectile couldt reach 320 FPS.
I know, this couldt be major advertising, but this number, together with the info that the springs wouldt add 20 - 40 % to the power, is it a good guess that a "normal" strong slingshot with armrest generates 200- 260FPS?
I just know I enjoy the powerfull action, which differs from my many years of armrest-slingshooting.
It doesn't only puncture a can, it violates it!!!
20150322_233430_resized.jpg
This hole is from a steel ball from 10 meters and it wouldn't stop for my lead plating...
lead.jpg

This afternoon i had a spare half hour without the kids, and I went into the woods . Found a nice pit where standing up you can aim and shoot for target, and at the same time are completely out of sight once you duck down. I noticed after 15 marble shots i was aimimg too far right, about 20cm off target.. My tubing was damaged on one loop...I decided to make this the last round of 5 for today and for the tubings to be renewed. I started aiming a bit left and got 5 out of 5 in the Paper of which 3 inside the CD, beit one on the outerline.

badtest2.jpg
Gonna try the longer band this week and I wonder how that's gonna be. I have the new bands on there and the draw feels good.
I'll let you know if things improve, plus vid to be made still on waitinglist1.

Have a good week all!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,792 Posts
Bizzy, I found this on YouTube, have you seen it?
https://youtu.be/zX99qX63aPo
Most of us here already know this but for those who don't, just looking at that guy's face as he's shooting says it all: this is such a fun sport!

Thanks for posting that, odorsey. Enjoyed it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bizzy, I found this on YouTube, have you seen it?
https://youtu.be/zX99qX63aPo
Hey,than. That was actually the first video showing the hunter 111...that is indeed it's original name.
The guy has 2 attachments to guide the arrow put on the front of the slingshot...but it works fine!
I know what I'll be looking for in China.lol
I only have crossbow arrows, need some longer ones !;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts