Calling up left handed shooters

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by 4foruglenncoco, Dec 29, 2013.

1. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

Just curious of how many leftys we have, I myself am a lefty.

2. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

+1=2

I'm left handed too.

3. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

4. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

5. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Guilty as charged!

6. Moin moin,
    many who have previously shot bow .... keep the slingshot in his left hand ....

I also!

-

viele die vorher Bogen geschossen haben.... halten die Schleuder in der linken Hand....
    Ich auch!!!

7. Skorps

Skorps Senior Member

Do we talk about shooting leftis who holds the ss with here left hand while shooting.
    Or (what i understand) leftis like writing eating make precise things with the left hand!
    (I'm a right handed in the type of writing etc. But all other stuff like snowboard, ss, and diffrend other things i'll do like an lefty) so i'm think im 50%/50%.

8. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I'm left handed but pull with my left :/

J

9. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

That means your truly left handed then. A typical left hander will hold a slingshot or bow in their right hand and draw with the left as most lefties are left eye dominant.
    Some shoot right handed because thats what they were taught, or thats how everyone else was doing it.
    For me I write/ draw, play guitar, shoot bows / slingshots and rifles left handed, but when it comes to sports I am right hand oriented as thats how I was taught, or how I learned by watching others.
    My sister however is left handed also but only writes and draws left handed everything else is right handed.

10. pipesmoker

pipesmoker Member

i'm lefthanded too,i hold my ss with my left hand &pull right

11. Tubes

Tubes weird kid in the corner

Ay! Left here!

12. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I'm kinda ambidextrous. I shoot lefty though. Trying to branch out into shooting with either hand though.

13. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

my right eye is dominant so i shoot mostly with my left

14. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Yup, being left handed does not mean holding the slingshot in your left but in your right hand!

When I am teaching people how to fly birds they always get really confused when I put a glove on their non-dominant hand "But I'm left/right-handed". My answer is always, "Yeah, and you will want your dominant hand free to control that bird!"

Im right-handed so hold my slingshots in my left hand. My daughter is left handed so I have to remember to reverse everything when teaching her how to shoot slingshots, fly a bird etc.

Like Obl1v1Aus has said, sometimes its the conditioning from us Righties teaching Lefties that throws up problems. The number of left handed falconers I know that fly 'right-handed' is testament to that.

15. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Yep, my buddy taught me how to play guitar in highschool, he forgot I was left handed. Strangely, after an hour or so he realized his mistake and strung it upside down so I could play it "correctly". It felt flat out wrong, so I play right
    handed, I feel that it makes me better to have the more dexterous hand on the fretboard.

16. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

I'm the odd one. I'm left-handed. I hold my slingshot in my left hand though, BUT I hold bows with my right. I'm as far from normal as I can get(In so many ways). LOL!

17. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

I think that might apply to a majority of the forum members here! But theres nothing wrong with that, normal is boring! :D