Calling all Gear Junkies and Slingshot Fans

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Flippinout, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Flippinout

Flippinout New Member

We are looking for gear reviewers for our products. For the next 4 weeks we will be accepting video submissions in order to choose one Simple Shot Shooting Sports gear reviewer. Here is how it works:

1-Submit to us via email ([email protected]), Facebook, or right here a video of you reviewing a piece of gear. Any piece of gear works, what we are looking for is your ability to produce a quality video. Clear and coherent speaking, multiple viewing angles, and showing the gear in use is necessary.
    2-We will accept these submissions for 4 weeks(until August 31, 2013). Once all the entries are in, we will ask for your votes here and on our Facebook page.
    3-Once a winner is chosen, the Simple Shot gear reviewer will receive a piece of gear every 4-6 weeks for the next year to review. In return, the gear is yours to keep! We only ask for the commitment to do so for the full year.

Check out a more in depth description here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TPGINIqt1qE?list=UUJnAULmSyBEQiX9JD5QtYVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

may the best reviewer/video editor win! :)

3. Tremoside

Tremoside SINdustrial designer

Hi Nathan,

Sounds like a good opportunity to polish our presentation skills. The time-frame is long enough for experimenting and for the editing too. Time for turn to Aristotle.

May I have a few questions?

Do you have an example video for the tempo, timing, duration etc? Or participants are just out of bounds... :)

You want a rock solid and objective review am I right?

Is it allowed to use demonstration materials, like simulations, benchmarks etc or just "you and the stuff" ?

Thank you for the chance Nathan!

Best regards,
    Mark

4. Tremoside

Maybe some useful information that can help this project.

Video related

Handbrake (free)- It's an easy and accurate converter for various video formats to mp4. Since mp4 is the most common format as an input for Adobe (and QuickTime) software it can help a lot. You can use a queue for multiple conversions and even go to sleep and your PC will switch off when it is (must be enabled) done.

Real Player (free) - Well it's a popular application, but most of the people uses it only for watching streams and video via web. Beside it's capabilities it's offering a bundle of useful tools. Real Player Trimmer for easily cutting, trimming video chunks (requires mp4 --> Handbrake output). And last but not least the Real Player Converter - it's best point is the preset collection for wide range of video and the most important audio formats. It becomes handy if you use microphone for recording audio and your project file is different from mp3.

SuperC (free) - Not easy to work with, but it has a very good setting panel. Adjusting bitrates or letterbox is all possible. Go with this if you have a bit more time for the project or a weird video format as an input.

Quick Time (free) - It's not a fine stuff for a PC (and sorry but I am a 3D guy and try to stay away from the Snow White products), but after some app booting you can add & trim videos, then export them as a single file. You have to use a copy-paste technique instead of drag and drop. So have to work with multiple windows open. It may create an .m4v file output extension for you, but just rename it to .mp4 and it's done.

Hypercam (free) - If you need a screen capture software (you want to show something on the screen for this review) it's a good solution. I used it for years. The only disadvantage (mainly with all screen capture softs) is: it works best with nearly or totally uncompressed files. It means even a short video will eat up MBs or GBs. Be prepared for that and search a larger volume HDD place for the project. Of course you can use microphone input and mouse cursor indicators if needed. The output video can be converted into mp4 and edited later.

Content related

Copyright is a serious stuff, you my want to avoid to use some materials.

sxc.hu - Free images

everystockphoto.com - Images - Various licenses

jamendo.com - Music - Various licenses

soundjay.com - Sound - Various Liceses

Have a nice day,
    Mark

5. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Tremoside, This sounds like a super project for you. Go for it!

[​IMG] And much success to you with your video submission.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  6. Flippinout

Flippinout New Member

Yeah, what Thistle said!!

Sounds like you got this gig figured out!!

7. Tremoside

Thank you :) I have to finish with my freelancer deadlines and setup some things at my shooting place but after all I will record my entry. Almost at the end of August, but hope I can finish it in time.

Am already so excited :D

Thistle, aren't you interested? A review from a girl might help to spread further the slingshooting-sport phenomenon. What you think? :)

8. Tremoside

My Entry :)

My camera is not the best and had problems with work on the go, but I really enjoyed makin' it.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvQeUfFSFaw[/ame]

Have a nice day mates!
    Tremo

9. Flippinout

Flippinout New Member

Thank you! We are accepting submissions for another few days.

10. Flippinout

Flippinout New Member

All submissions are in and we have chosen the top three video reviews and we need your vote! Check out the entries here and use the link at the bottom of that page to vote. Or, vote here.

Thanks for your input

11. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I liked tremo's review the best;).

12. jt-1911

jt-1911 Senior Member ProPlatinum

Ohh man too bad I missed out on that :( I would have loved to join.