Cable Damascus

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by beaverIII73, Feb 7, 2014.

1. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

Hello everyone,
    I'd like to share my favorite knife with you all today. This is a knife i purchased oh about 20 years ago in Alaska from a Co. called I.R.B.I.. It's owed buy the Cambelle family, you can visit there website a the link below. This knife is made from cable damascus and as you can see its a very beautifully knife and very well made (well its lasted me 20 years lol). Any how I hope you all like it.

http://www.irbiknives.com/

Attached Files:

2. dutch_slingshot

dutch_slingshot Just a Dutch guy

Niiiceee,
    very nice blade, you have quite a good taste sir!
    greetings,
    Paul

3. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

That's a kewl lookin' blade!

-Wild Bill

4. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Great knife!

thanks for sharing (the idea..)

Be

5. beaverIII73

I have I big roll of high strength steel cable that on day I'd like to forge into flat bars to make knives out of. But I still have a lot to learn before I try that.

6. FilthyRusty

FilthyRusty New Member

Beautiful knife!!!Blade and handle match well also very good condition for a 20 year old blade you obviously take care of your tools. Good stuff

7. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Beautiful knife!

I had never heard of cable Damascus knife steel, and now I want to try working with it. I'm gonna need to get a bigger forge though I think.

8. beaverIII73

Yup I need I bigger forge too. But that will have to wait until after I move this summer.

9. buckshot500

I am going to start checking yard sales for a big long toolbox and an electric leaf blower. I want to get set up like this guy and start making leaf spring swords and machetes.:cool:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8QhQopBS1A[/ame]

10. beaverIII73

That looks cool. I'd have to have a vent hood and some kind of flame arrestor .

11. buckshot500

Some full sheets of ductwork stock and some zip screws will have you under a smoke hood in no time. Maybe some fireplace screen for a flame arrestor?